Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday before VDay

It's hard to believe it's already February & Valentine's Day is almost here.  This year is already starting to fly by fast.

I'm not really a huge Valentine's day go-all-out freak or anything.  I know it's a day to celebrate your love & be all mushy with your honey.  But to me it's another holiday that everyone in town jacks up their prices & there's at least a 1-2 hour wait at every restaurant in town, which is always irritating.  I'm not a buy-me-flowers type of chick either.  First of all, I'm allergic to flowers so that's totally out of the question.  Balloons are cute & all, but why waste your money on something that will be gone less than 24 hours later.

Wait... maybe this is coming across all wrong.  Let me explain.
I like surprises, but I'm a simple person, I like simple little surprises.  Little things make me happy.

I like getting a sweet card for no reason what-so-ever except just to say I love you.
Finding a cute note around the house left somewhere for me to find.
Surprising me by showing up to sweep me away for a lunch date.
Making me blueberry muffins for breakfast on Saturday/Sunday morning.
Reading to me while we're laying in bed before we fall asleep (this is very sexy, wink wink)
A quick text that says I love you during the day just because.

I think everyone gets the point... simple things.
Don't get me wrong, other things are nice too... but to me bought things mean more if they are something that's needed or wanted & not something that can wilt away in a matter of hours.  This is just my personal opinion, others may not agree & that's totally fine.

I like buying things for people that they need or want really badly but can't purchase on their own.  Not that I've been able to buy anything nice for anyone in a long long time now, but I know eventually I will get back to that point in my life again where I'm able to do so.

So being my simple-self that I am... I have a plan for Valentine's Day this year.  I wish I had money to sweep my honey off for a weekend get-a-way but realistically there's no way I can afford to do that, so I have to put on my creative thinking cap instead.

I've decided that I'm going to write down lyrics of songs that makes me think of my sweetheart & post them everyday from now until Valentine's Day, which is only 4 days away.

This is not my only plan... but I can't really write my plan publically & risk my sweetheart reading my blog & then my surprise wouldn't exactly be a surprise anymore now would it?

Happy early Valentine's day everyone... 4 days & counting down :-)

No comments: