Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ceiling leak

Week of January 31st - February 5th.

My office ceiling has a few quirks to say the least.  After the rain & snow & everything melting... a few spots appeared on my ceiling tiles.  First it was a small stain... then day by day it kept growing & then BAM it was a total disaster.  It started leaking thru the ceiling tiles & onto my floor... YUCK!  It smelled & was just simply nasty to put it lightly.

So the a/c slash roof fixing people came & quote & quote fixed the leaks in the roof, replaced the tiles in every office that had stains/leaks peaking thru, etc.  Then we were off work Thursday/Friday (January 28th & 29th) because of the crappy icy roads.  Then Monday, first day back to work since last Wednesday & when I walked into my office, low & behold the stains were back again.  So it's just a guess, but I don't think the a/c slash roof fixing people were successful week.  Call me crazy but it's just a hunch I've got.

Monday, February 8th... I walk into my office & here's what my ceiling looks like.  The ceiling tile had fallen down, water poured out onto the floor & onto the carpet.  The smell was total YUCK to say the least & there was cold air blowing down thru the hole as well.  I think to myself... WONDERFUL!  This is a fabulous way to start a Monday morning if I do say so myself.  (insert evil laugh here)

The a/c slash roof fixing people have been contacted & informed of the minor disaster, but today is Tuesday & I haven't seen one a/c slash roof fixing person show up at all.  Not quite sure what the deal is with that.

All I know is that it's freezing in my office & I've managed to obtain an electric heater for the time being in attempt to not freeze to death while trying to get some work accomplished.  If you look directly up thru the hole you can see the the rooftop... great huh!  The insulation & ceiling tile both colapsed.

So that's how my week started off... F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S-!
No really, I couldn't help but laugh when I walked in yesterday & saw the disaster.

Apparently the a/c slash roof fixing people have more work to do now.  LOL!

No comments: