There's a reason other than the fact that I'm highly allergic to plants & flowers that I don't have any. I can't keep any plant alive for nothing. I don't know what I do wrong... but it never fails, I end up killing it in a short period of time. In this case, everyone received a poinsettia at work... well it's lived about 2 weeks now, but it's going down hill fast. I'm not even real sure it's been 2 weeks. There's still some pedals left on one flower thingy though. The rest of the pedals have given up though.The poor thing looks so pathetic. Which reminds me of a song... go figure. Anyone ever heard of "Percy, The Puny Poinsettia" by Elmo & Patsy? Well maybe I'm the only crazed Christmas music person out there that's heard of the song & owns the cd, but that was the first thing I thought of when I received the poinsettia. So I named it Percy... and well the lyrics of the song ring true. Now if someone could only rescue Percy from my possession it just might have a better chance at survival.
In honor of poor Percy... here are the lyrics to the song:
Percy, The Puny Poinsettia
Percy the puny poinsettia
Is hanging his bloom in dismay
If they had just kept him wetta
He'd be a houseplant today
Folks liked the other plants betta
Now he's alone on the shelf
Even a plant with no uncle or aunt
Shouldn't spend Christmas Day by himself
Holiday shoppers would stop by the counter
And pick up a plant to take home
Until one by one all his friends were adopted
And Percy was left all alone
Percy the puny poinsettia
Is hanging his bloom in dismay
If they had just kept him wetta
He'd be a houseplant today
Folks liked the other plants betta
Now he's alone on the shelf
Even a plant with no uncle or aunt
Shouldn't spend Christmas Day by himself
Then into the store on the night before Christmas
Came a poor little girl who was cryin'
But when she saw Percy her eyes opened wide
And she said "Can I please make him mine?"
Now Percy the puny poinsettia
Is standing beside Mr. Tree
His leaves have never been redda,
He's as proud as a flower can be
Somebody made him feel betta,
Rescued him off of the shelf
Even a plant with no uncle or aunt
Shouldn't spend Christmas Day by himself
In case your wondering... I'm really ok... no need to call & have me committed to a padded room (yet). I'm always this goofy, it's just me. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment