Wednesday, December 9, 2009

chilly day

Let's see - right now the temp is 19 degrees but feels like negative 19 degrees, especially with the breeze.  Oh how I dread the wintery season.  As I've mentioned before I'm a totally weenie when it comes to cold weather.

So on my lunch break today I ran to Wal-Mart & bought a pair of winter boots.  Hey they were $15.00 & I ended up getting the little girls size because the women's ones were to big.  Yeah... I have small feet, I can't help it & everyone loves to give me a hard time about it too.  All the winter boots I had seen at any other stores or online were mostly fabric & well... to me that doesn't make any sense what-so-ever.  The first time you would step off into a pile of snow they would get wet & then your feet would freeze... that's what I'm thinking at least.  Anyways moving on... these boots are warm & furry on the inside, have a decent sole & outside & I think I could walk in a pile of snow & my feet not get soaking wet or freeze off.  Perfect!  They might not be the cutest in the world or the most stylish, but I'm more worried about my feet freezing off to be concerned about whats stylish right now.  I have my own style anyways.  Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but oh well.

When I rolled out of bed this morning, it was freezing in my house.  The temp in the living room said 48 degrees & thats no kidding.  The floor felt like walking on a sheet of ice & by the time I made it to the bathroom I swear my feet felt like they were starting to get frost bite.  We have 4 of those plug-in heaters to heat our home & that's proving to not be enough this year.  You would think in a 487 sq ft apartment located above a barn that maybe just maybe it would stay warm & plus... isn't heat suppose to rise?  Maybe we need to start a big fire in the barn downstairs & maybe that would help our apartment upstairs stay nice & toasty.  Apparently the apartment isn't very well insulated.

I keep crossing my fingers hoping that this year the winter season will pass quickly & the warmth will come back soon!  If everyone crosses their fingers too... maybe it will actually come true!

My honey is still out western Oklahoma right now.  Supposed to be rolling into town tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime.  I miss him & can't wait for him to return home.

I made hasbrown casserole last night, so it looks like I will be eating that for a week straight before it's gone.  It's hard to make any food for just one person, unless that's all you want to eat for the entire week.  I had a craving for it last night so I gave in & made it.  I also brought it for my lunch today... & it might be dinner tonight too.  Yikes!  I might turn into hashbrown casserole before the week is up.

No comments: