Monday, December 7, 2009

pearl harbor

Well today officially marks the anniversary of Pearl Harbor, the exact date was December 7, 1941.  A dream of mine has always been to make the trip to Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor.  I'm not a water person, I don't swim or any of those things... I simply wanna make the trip to Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor in person.  I've read about it, love the movie, etc.  Of course I'd like to see other things to while in Hawaii, but Pearl Harbor would be my #1 and main reason to make the trip.

I've also always had this other totally crazy idea while in Hawaii.  To get married there!  Yeah... not the official first walk down the aisle, but like just me & my honey getting a marriage license & doing a private just the two of us saying "I do" on the beach or something.  I just think that would be neat to say we didn't just get married once but we did it twice & the second time was in Hawaii.  I know, I sound a little crazy at times, but I think it's crazy in a good way.  Oh well... the actual odds of me getting to make a trip to Hawaii is close to zero, so again this is all a far-fetched dream that I've always had & that's all it will ever be.

On my lunch break today, I went & got my tag... since it was actually due at the end of November.  Oops.  Anyways, have you seen the new Oklahoma tags?  My personal opinion is that they are ugly!  I'm very disappointed with the design.  Seriously... is this the best they could come up with?  Of course nobody asked for my design input, so I guess there's not anything I can do about it.  By the way, this is not a picture of my tag or tag number, I found the image on the internet & copied the picture just in case there are any stalkers out there.  Not that I'm a real hard person to find or anything.

Weather update:  the temperature says it's 30 degrees right now but I would like to argue with that.  It feels more like negative 30 degrees with the wind blowing.

Speaking of chilly, cold, freezing weather.  I'm thinking I need a pair of fuzzy furry boots of some sort.  I currently have on my tennis shoes & my feet feel like they are little ice cubes.  I don't own a pair of "warm" shoes/boots either.  I think this is something I seriously need to invest in soon.  I saw a commercial for Old Navy this morning & they were advertising fuzzy warm looking boots for $25.00!  I went online to check them out & well I found lots, but here's my thoughts... if they are fabric on the outside... how exactly is this going to work walking thru piles of snow?  Surely they'll get soaked, then they'll be all wet & cold & take forever to dry.  Make sense?  One thing for me is that I've never been up with what the current style is in the world... I'm more about comfort & common sense.  Common sense tells me fabric on the outside of snow boots is stupid.  How about making a rubber boot with fur on the inside?  I have yet to find that within a reasonable price range.  You know something for the "working girl"... that will be outside every morning defrosting her truck & scrapping her wind shield, while standing in the snow.

Oh how I miss having a carport/garage to park my truck in when the weather is crappy outside.  I dread the snow falling because of having to stand outside & scrape windows.  I'd much rather hibernate during the cold wintery months anyways.  I'm a total weenie when it comes to the cold weather.  If I could find an eskimo suit to wear every single day, I wouldn't step foot outside without it on!  I'm also thinking along with the fuzzy furry snow boots I need to invest in... I need to get some coveralls/overalls also!  That's as close as I'm going to get to an eskimo suit I guess.

The fact of the matter is that I can wish & want these things all day long... but the money is no where to be found in order to buy any of them.  Doesn't that just suck!  Grrrr

Or even if I did have the money right now... Christmas is coming up & I have gifts to buy, so buying something for myself right now is not even an option!

No comments: