My sweetheart rolled into town about 1am Saturday morning. He looked as if he had rolled in the mud a few times & he was a little scruffy, but I will admit it was kinda sexy. After he showered we hit the bed around 2am. I think as soon as our heads hit the pillow we were out.
8:30am came to quick. I called dad & he was headed towards the stockyards for the parade that starts at 10am. Dad had forgotten his glasses at home & needed them, so he asked if I would bring them. As soon as I hung up with him I took a quick shower, got around & we fled the house to head towards my parents to grab his glasses, then hook it down to the stockyards. We made it just in time! My brother came down to help dad, watch the parade & hang out too. After the parade, Fred & I cruised thru a few stores, ate at Cattlemen's Steakhouse then headed towards home. Man it was cold outside though... the wind felt like a solid sheet of ice cutting right thru you.
I was exhausted & it didn't take long after we arrived home, that my body hit the couch & my eyes shut. Needless to say I took a much needed nap & felt 100 times better when I finally woke up. The only thing I hate about taking naps is when you sleep in the afternoon & wake up to feel like you've wasted the day away. Especially when there was a million things I wanted to get do, but oh well.
We decided to make the drive to Chickasha to check out the lights. We got there around 9pm & the line was about a mile long to drive thru. Luckily it went pretty fast & the wait wasn't to bad. I remembered the park being bigger but it didn't seem as big this time. Of course the last time I was there was years ago. The lights were very pretty though, but it was way to cold outside to get out & walk around. At least Fred & I thought it was way to cold. I hate the cold weather but I love looking at Christmas lights. I love everything about the Christmas season except for the weather. I'm totally addicted to Christmas music too. If I could get away with listening to it year-round without people thinking I've lost my mind, I would!
After checking out the lights, we stopped at Chicken Express there in Chickasha to grab something to eat. They have really good food, if you've never eaten there, you should! Then went stopped at Henry Hudsons for a few beers before heading to the house.
Sunday we didn't get in any big hurry to get up & around. Fred had to get out of bed around 10ish to go help his mom feed & stuff, but I just laid in bed until noon. I made Cowboy Stew for lunch & we sat & watched tv most of the afternoon & was just lazy.
Around 5pm we headed towards Carter, OK so he could get back. Since he drove his mom in Friday night/Saturday morning he needed a ride back out west. We got there around 8pm, I stayed for a few minutes then decided to get back on the road so it wouldn't be to late when I got back home. Got home around 10:30-11, heated up some stew to eat, watched some tv then passed out.
Once again... the weekend just wasn't long enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment