Sunday, December 27, 2009

just a wee one

This is a picture of my sweetheart when he was just a wee one.  How cute is that pic!  I had to scan it & put it on my computer the first time I saw it.

I'm sure when he see's my blog & me posting his childhood pictures... he might flip a little.  I just can't help it though, he's just so daggum cute!

Anytime your in a relationship, you always wonder what they looked like as a baby & growing up.  In this case, Fred & I have known each other for a long time, we actually went to middle school together but met & started hanging out together in high school.

In all the years that Fred & I have known each other, I don't have one bad thing to say about him... not one. In high school, we definitely had some good times together & I'm sure he could tell several drunk stories about me to.  He's always been such an all around good guy to be around.  Anyone that knows him will say the exact same thing too.

In high school he was always so quiet & shy.  I remember some girls saying he was an asshole, because he was so quiet, which never made any sense to me... why would you call someone an asshole for being shy & quiet?  Idiots, thats my personal opinion.  He's never been shy or quiet with me that I can remember.  We've always talked & been comfortable with each other.  After high school we kind of kept in contact off & on, or ran into each other here & there.

I remember one instance several several years ago that me & my friend Tanja had gone to the Wolf Trap for a few drinks while she was in town, then Eric & Fred showed up & I remember thinking "DAMN he's hott". I hadn't seen Fred in a few years at that point, but oh my... he looked really good that night.

Well we lost touch for awhile, then back in April 2008, I was talking to Kelly (Fred's best friend & my friend too) on the phone & I decided to ask for Fred's phone number again so I could see what he's been up to the past few years.  I gave him a call & we talked for a few minutes & I told him to give me a call next time he's in town & maybe we can meet for drinks sometime.  As it turned out, a few weeks later after I called him, he text me & after a few text messages back & forth, we decided to meet for drinks at the Wolf Trap the next weekend & well... here we are still today.

I won't say that the story ends there... because well the story is still going for us.  I think that its a little ironic that neither of us after all this time have gotten married or had children.

We both have the same family values & to me thats very important for a foundation of a relationship.  And seriously, just look at these pictures of him as a child, just think for a minute... my future children could potentially look just like these pictures.  If thats the case, then I'm in serious trouble because those eyes kill me. I know I would be a sucker & give into anything with some of these looks, geez.  And... not only does he have pretty eyes, but he has long eye lashes to go along with the pretty eyes.  What a combination, just makes you melt.  I've always had a thing for long eye lashes.
 
We don't have some crazy love story where he rode in on a horse or me wearing a long flowing gown or anything wild like that, but in my heart I feel like someone higher up had a hand in putting our lives together & we are a perfect fit for each other.

I only chose a few photos to share, but trust me, there are so many cute ones to choose from it was a hard decision which ones I was actually going to post.

Check out this facial expression he's got going on in this last picture on the right!  Just for the record... he still makes this facial expression still today... I know because I've seen it!  LOL!  Just adorable, isn't it?

I love you honey, please don't tackle me for posting these pics.

No comments: