Thursday, June 24, 2010

LibertyFest approaching

Well it's almost here.  LibertyFest 2010!

Around Edmond, OK... we make 4th of July a REALLY BIG DEAL!

In fact... LibertyFest in Edmond, Oklahoma was selected as one of the top 10 places to be in America on July 4th by CNN & USA Today.  It is a week long celebration of the birthday of this great nation & the heritage of our fine state.

Here's a quick breakdown of events to take place:
Car Show, KiteFest, Rodeo, Road Rally, A Taste of Edmond, Concert in the Park, Chalk-It-Up, Parade, ParkFest at UCO, Fireworks & Scholarship Pageant.  Details for each event are on their website:  http://www.libertyfest.org/

My two favorite parts... the Rodeo of course AND free watermelon at ParkFest!
Seriously who doesn't just love watermelon, ha ha!

The Rodeo always take awhile to prepare for every year, but it's always well worth it to see the turn out we have.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the temperature cooperates with us & it doesn't get to scalding hot out there.  That makes it completely miserable for everyone & especially me.  Since "baby it" is forcing me to carry around a few extra pounds, I'm always burning up & wish I never had to leave the comfort of a/c.

Fortunately I think we have enough people volunteering to help this year, that I can hopefully sit back & relax in my new totally awesome leopard print folding chair that my sweetheart got for me the other day.  I will locate something to prop my tootsies up on once I get there.  I might actually get to watch the rodeo & that's exciting.  I've never actually watched even 90% of our big rodeo... ever!

Hopefully everything runs smoothly, nobody has any issues or we don't run out of anything, etc. & we pull it off without a snag anywhere!

No comments: