From time to time, I like to look back on a year ago & think about what has happened between then & now.
I remember it like it was yesterday... I had made the decision to switch jobs from a stable environment to what I thought was going to be the perfect job, with much better pay. Then the Monday following our honeymoon weekend... I was informed I had no job. We had such a wonderful honeymoon/vacation in Branson, MO I simply couldn't believe this would happen. Not to mention I was 23 weeks pregnant at the time, so I was a complete emotional wreck.
At that moment, I kept telling myself that there had to be something better out there & that God must have a much bigger plan ahead. Low & behold, that was exactly right. I was so down on myself, but luckily the job that I had left originally... well they were happy to have me back again, so that was the first miracle.
The second miracle was that, a job I had turned down shortly after making the initial switch, well... it was re-opening & they wanted me! Pregnant & all. They knew when they hired me I was pregnant & would be taking leave in just a few short months. That was just more than a miracle in my eyes. And even better, the pay was good!
Well I'm still at the same job & I couldn't be more thankful to have it. Like every job, it has its ups & downs, but honestly... I always step back & think about how truly thankful I am to have this job & work at this wonderful place. If it wasn't for them accepting me while I was pregnant, I'm not sure financially where we would be at today.
There have been more than enough times in my life that I wasn't sure what was ahead or why did this have to happen to me situations. I'm sure we've all been there. It's nice to look back & see how many broken bridges you've conquered & realize that you can make it through anything if you build your strength to do so.
I have many mixed emotions revolving around the job that I lost over a year ago. Sometimes I feel anger, because I know that certain individuals had a strong hand in the decision that was wrongfully made. Maybe they felt a relief when I walked out the door that day, who knows. I've learned a hard lesson from that experience.
When somebody has betrayed you as a friend several times over the years & then all of a sudden pops up & wants to not only make things right, but wants to offer you a swell job opportunity... you might want to take a step back & think things through in every way possible before you make that final decision.
I don't regret taking the job or making the switch. I look at it as another stepping stone that I had to take to get to where I'm at today. But I will say, that certain person who I left behind that day... is now in the past where they will always remain. It's their loss. No need to mention names, they know who they are.
For my wonderful husband who stood beside me through those difficult times... I love you more than words can ever say & thank you so much for being there when I needed you the most!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment