Oh where do I even start with an update on all the 4 legged children...
(unfortunately not many are good updates)
I guess I will start with Spike. Spike, was our adopted dog that came with our house when we moved here. So sweet, but so old & I truly feel like he mourned the loss of Mr. & Mrs. Orr when they moved away & he slowly went down hill from there. About a week after I came home from the hospital from having Kayla... well I found Spike dead. I felt absolutely horrible. I promised Mrs. Orr that I would take care of Spike in their absence & I felt as if I had let her down. I know that poor Spike was suffering. He was old & his health had declined greatly since they moved. He had his good days, but towards the end... more bad then good. Spike is in his forever home, out back behind the shed where he loved to lay in the warmth of the sun. Most importantly, he was able to live his last days here at his home & didn't have to go live anywhere else. RIP Spike, you'll always be loved!
The Charolais Girls. Well they came along at a much needed time... so we thought. Fred & his mom had picked them up at the stockyards when Montana II lost her first baby boy. Then after bringing them home, low & behold up walks a baby & it turned out that Montana II had twins, we just didn't know it at the time she lost the first one! The sad part was that the Charolais Girls were not needed then. We kept them anyways at least for awhile, then Fred & I took them to the stockyards several months ago so see them on their way.
I just thought they were the cutest when I first saw them. I couldn't help it. Wish we didn't have to part ways, but unfortunately this is the life of cattle ranching I guess. RIP Charolais Girls, I hope you are in a home with lots of love, plenty of hay, feed & water & not on someones dinner table.
Oh here is the saddest one of all. I don't wanna go there, but I'm going to anyways. Bruno & Dusty. My very first bottle calves. We bonded. They were my children. Oh how I loved them so much! When it was time to slow down on bottle feeding them, I was so sad. Then when it came time for them to go out west... I was even more sad. I didn't want them to go anywhere. I wanted them to stay close so I could see them anytime that I wanted to. I was selfish & possibly a little unreasonable at times about them.
When I found out that Fred was taking them to the sale... I lost it. I was a mess. Even though I knew the time was coming eventually, I made him promise me time & time again that he would allow me to see them one more time before I never had that opportunity again. Unfortunately that didn't happen. He took them to the sale without me getting to see them, so you could say I was very upset. Even though people might think I'm crazy... I was very hurt by this. I felt a bond with them & all I wanted was to see them one last time. Guess that was way to much to ask. I would love to have had a few last pictures of them, but I don't.
However, this is one of my favorite pictures that I took of them. They were just the cutest ever! I have to admit that I was a little more partial towards Bruno, but Dusty definitely has a special place in my heart too. I would love to think that they are currently living happily ever after at a new home where they are spoiled rotten, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure that's not the case. This is just one of those things that I will never forget & probably my husband won't as well. RIP Bruno & Dusty, you will forever be in my heart!
On a much brighter note... Katey Belle. What a great dog! Seriously she's so adorable. I'm glad that she now has her permanent home in our yard & I don't have to worry about her living anywhere else, which is such a relief for me. It had been 3+ long years that I had to leave her at our former residence because I didn't have the proper accommodations for her to move with me. She has her own fenced area to herself to play & do as she pleases & she seems so happy not to be cooped up in a kennel anymore (which is how she was before). She's the sweetest dog ever I swear it. Very lovable too. I think she might be affraid of the dark though... at night she likes to bark a lot, ugh. I'm currently trying to figure out a solution to this.
Eventually we are going to create a bigger fenced area for Katey Belle to roam. Right now she has a pretty big area that she seems happy with, but I would like to see her have a little more roaming freedom. She just deserves it!
Then what can I say... there's Abigail. The spoiled rotten dog of all times. She has her own domain at our house, which is the office/former garage/laundry area. Which Is blocked off from the rest of the house. I haven't let Kayla & Abigail meet just yet. I'm still a little nervous about that one. I keep hoping & praying in the back of my mind that Abigail will settle down, maybe calm down a lot & wake up to be a relaxed, non-barking dog one day... so far that just hasn't happened though. She's never really been to fond of children or anyone for that matter, so I'm kinda at a loss as to what to do. Everyone has their opinions on this, but no matter what... I love her & I can't just get rid of her. I will figure something out, I'm determined!
Well there we have it... three sad updates & two happy ones. Wish I could give ya more right now, but my eyes feel like they should be bleeding because I'm so tired. Wait... do you hear that? It's my bed, calling out my name. Guess I better go investigate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment