Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day weekend

Just like most everyone out there, I wasn't ready for the 3 day holiday weekend to end yesterday.  In fact, I was starting to think... why don't we have a labor week instead of just one day?  I know that's a far fetched dream that will never happen, but hey it's still a nice thought right?  I'm allowed to have those from time to time.

The best part of the entire 3 days, was the fact that I was able to spend them with Kayla.  It was just her & I this weekend, because daddy was well over 1,000 miles away in the great state of Montana.  He left early last Thursday morning & didn't return until after midnight last night.  Maybe one of these days when I have a day off work, he will be able to stay home with us instead of driving across the states.

Kayla & I had a great weekend together.  It was so nice to not worry about dropping her off at my parents house in the morning so I can head to work.  Instead, when she woke up in the morning, I put her in bed with me & we had some cuddle time before we made it to the kitchen for breakfast, then morning cartoons together.  Oh what fun!  She's literally just a ball of fun these days.

Every night after Kayla went nite-nite, I headed for the laundry/den area to paint.  Ugh.  I was determined to get this completely finished this weekend.  I'm happy to announce that I got 95% of it finished!  Still have a few touch ups here & there, but I will conquer those sometime soon.  I'm just excited to have the majority of the painting finished at this point.  Hurray for me!

As everyone knows, I'm not exactly the best person to be crawling on any type of ladder, but the good report is that I only sorta stumbled off the step-ladder 3 times the entire weekend.  That's a new record for me AND the best part is that I don't have one bruise to show for it!  Woohoo.

Saturday, Kayla & I ventured out to Target for some shopping.  I tried out the new shopping cart cover thingy that I bought awhile back & wow poor little Kayla looked so tiny riding around in it.  It looked like it swallowed her right up, but she seemed to have a good time riding around in it.

My dad came over Sunday & mowed the lawn which was starting to get outta control.  Thank you dad!  I think he also did that so he could stop in & see Miss Kayla too.  If he doesn't see her everyday I swear he goes thru withdrawals or something.  That's ok, he didn't stay long & I know she loves to see her Papa too.

Yesterday, I called my mother-in-law to come over to spend some time with us last night.  She brought me dinner & hung out with us for a little while until it was time for Kayla to get a bath & go nite-nite.  It was the first time in a long time that she was able to hold Kayla the entire time she was here & she didn't even cry once!  So maybe she's growing out of this not letting anyone except a very few people hold her stage, woohoo I'm definitely excited about that.  Especially with my mother-in-law, I felt so bad every time she would try & hold her & Kayla wouldn't have it... made me feel really sad.

Here are a few things I haven't mentioned lately... Kayla is officially crawling now!  She's getting quicker by the day too, it's crazy.  Not to mention, she's also getting more onry.  Several times this weekend I went in to pick her up from her nap & she had un-done both bumpers on the back side of the crib & was playing with them.  And I mean, she had un-tied all 4 ties on both of them!  Wish it could've been the ones in the front instead of the side of the crib that's against the wall & for us short people... hard to get to.  I managed to get them tied back only to find she had done it again next naptime.  Amazing how quickly they learn & pick up new things, huh.

I have to say although hubby was unable to be with us this weekend... I enjoyed every minute that I got to spend with Kayla.  I would most definitely mark this as an all around successful weekend!

Unfortunately hubby & I haven't gotten to spend much time together since his arrival after midnight last night.  He was exhausted from the trip & well it was after midnight when he got home & way past my bedtime.  We met up for lunch today along with his mom & then he got home late this evening.

Tomorrow I have my one-on-one appointment with the counselor & I'm looking forward to that.  Each visit, is one step closer in the right direction in my opinion.

Well that's the low down on our Labor Day weekend!

No comments: