Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hacker

So off & on for awhile now, I've been getting these crazy emails with my husband's name attached to them.  Well the other night I got another one & WOW... here is what it said:

(I'm copying & pasting this exactly how it was written)

Subject:  SAD NEWS!!!!

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,My family and i came down here to London,England for a short vacation and we got mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where we lodged all cash,credit cards and cell were stolen off us.we are even owing the hotel here,the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the hotel bills now we are freaked out.So i have limited access to emails for now, please we need a quick loan from you so that we can make arrangements and return back home, We are full of panic now,the police only asked us to write a statement about the incident and directed us to the embassy,i have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will return the money back to you as soon as we get back home safely, I am so confused right now.we wasn't injured because we complied immediately.I await your quick response.

Thanks

Can you believe that?  The minute after I opened & read it, I kinda flipped.  What a total scam right?  Here's the best part, I immediately text hubby & asked for his password to log in to his email account & when I tried to log in, his password no longer worked.  Even better huh!  Needless to say I found my way around this issue & was able to get in & changed the password, etc.

Unfortunately that same email went to others too, including his mom & brother.  So I told him to let them know to delete the email & not to open it what so ever.

Now I'm going to figure out who to call or submit the email to, so that this is documented & reported & stopped immediately.

I'm affraid the result will be him having to create a new email account altogether & get rid of the old ones for good.

Do some people seriously have nothing better to do in life?  Why jack with people's emails?  What is wrong with people anyways?  Ugh how frustrating.

I know it can happen to anyone, but geez.  That just sucks.

Technology is a great thing sometimes, but sometimes not so much!

No comments: