Tuesday, September 13, 2011

9 month check up

Yesterday was Kayla's 9 month check up.  They gave me the option of having her blood drawn then OR waiting until she comes back for her one year check up to get shots & have it done then.

Lets think about this... get shots, then sit & wait in the waiting room for them to call us back for her blood to be drawn... um NO.  I can see that could be a disaster waiting to happen.  The option of getting part of it over with now, YES absolutely!

It was bad enough that her dr appointment was at 9:20am & we didn't physically leave there until almost 11:00am only to have to go to another building & sit in the waiting room to wait to get her blood drawn.  Ugh.

The great part about everything was that Kayla did absolutely awesome!  Everyone was giving the lab tech a hard time as we were making the long walk back to the room in which this was going to take place.  They were saying she was going to make her cry & that she was just to cute to have to cry, etc.  Poor lab tech, I know she felt bad.

Kayla sat on my lap like a big girl, we played patty-cake until the lady was ready & then my sweet baby didn't even flentch when she pricked her finger.  Not one tear was shed, no crying, nothing... can you believe that?  I was such a proud parent at that moment.  The whole time the lab tech was saying, "I wish all my patients acted like this, even the older ones".  Yeah, I kinda swelled up with pride that my precious 9 month old was acting absolutely perfect for the entire process, which seemed to take forever.

When she was finished though, she put a small dab of cotton on her finger then wrapped it with a piece of bandaid.  Kayla looked at her finger as if she was thinking, "what the heck is this for?"  It was quite cute.

As we walked back down the hallway towards the door, all the staff was saying, "oh poor thing, did she cry a lot?"  I was like, "nope, not one tear or even a whimper."  The lab tech confirmed my statement & everyone thought that was really cool that she was so good for being so little.

Of course not long afterwards I had to snap some pictures with my phone.  I wasn't quite sure how long the bandaid w/cotton would last so I didn't want to miss the opportunity.  Just look at her sweet little hand with this big ole' bandaid & cotton on it, how cute is that, seriously?  Poor little thing, even though it didn't seem to upset her in the least bit.

Some girls at my work have been saying they wanted me to drop by with Kayla so they could see her, so we made our way over there & stopped in briefly.  After we were done there, we headed for my parents house to drop her off.  I'm sure Kayla was starving by this point, it was almost 1pm & she's used to eating anywhere between 11:30-12:30.

All in all, we passed our 9 month check up.  She weighed 8lbs 7oz & 27.5 inches tall.

No comments: