I named her Abigail Elizabeth... I've always loved the name Abigail & well my best friend's middle name is Elizabeth. Growing up we always told each other we would name our children after each other & so her first child was a girl & she holds my middle name. And to me, Abigail is my first child, so I named her after my best friend.
I will be the first to admit she is spoiled completely rotten & that's putting it lightly. My dad always says & I quote "she doesn't even know she's a dog". Yeah... he's probably right. Wait no... I know he's right. It's my fault, I made her this way. I have to say I've learned allot of do's & don'ts with her that's for sure. First & biggest mistake was not socializing her when she was little & during her growing up days. She doesn't get along with any other animals, people, nothing... period. She barks non-stop when visitors show up & when it comes to other animals, well she becomes a little agressive & immediately attemps to be the dominate one.
I think the #1 thing that bothers me the most is that she's not good with kids. I can't trust her alone with any small child. She attempts to "mount" them the minute she has the chance to. As long as I'm there to supervise she does ok. All in all though she's just not real tolerable of children & them trying to play with her. It just really sucks & I wish I could somehow change that.
Having another dog in the house with her, is not even an option. I've tried that & well let's just say that was way to much stress & just flat didn't work out. This is yet another regret I have in raising her... wishing she got along with other dogs/animals.
Abigail requires a fence! If she sees the opportunity to bolt & run faster then the wind... she takes it. It's quite a task to catch her too. Shaking the cookie box or squeaking her toy works most of the time - but sometimes it's not good enough. My biggest fear & worry is that she'll get out somehow & get ran over or something. OMG I would totally freak out if that happened. Ok, let's not talk about that. Moving on...Honestly, for the most part, she's a well behaved child. Sometimes she thinks she needs to test the waters a little, but I guess that's to be expected.
When it's time to go nite-nite... Abigail knows exactly what that means & as soon as you ask her if she's ready to go nite-nite... she rushes to jump on the bed & plop herself down. She pretty much takes up the entire bed when she stretches out & gets comfortable. Yes I know, it's sad but it's the truth. She's a total bed hog & she insists on sleeping underneath the covers.
Our weekday morning routine goes a little something like this... I wake up, get out of bed, head to the bathroom for a shower... in the process there is no movement from Abigail what-so-ever. As soon as I emerge from the bathroom & reach the bedroom door, she comes out from under the covers & lays her head on my pillow & I cover her up & tuck her in like a burito. This is where she falls back to sleep & catches a few more shut-eyes while I'm putting on make-up & getting ready for work. As soon as I'm ready she knows it & rushes off to the kitchen & into her kennel & waits for me to come give her two cookies. As soon as she's done with her cookies, it's time to go outside to pee then it's time for me to leave for work.Sadly enough, this routine is the exact same every single day of the week. Now, when it comes to the weekends... well that's a totally different story. If there's ever a chance to sleep in, then Abigail sleeps in too.
Abigail is definitely the "Princess" of the house - for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment