Let's see... mom's knee replacement surgery on Wednesday...
The surgery went well. She didn't actually get to her room until a little after noon, with surgery then recovery. I was surprised to see her in good spirits directly after her arriving to her room. She was still a little goofy from the pain meds but other than that, she was doing fairly good. They didn't waste any time getting the machine out & putting her right leg on it to start exercising. Since she was on so many pain meds, she really couldn't feel anything just yet.
All in all, she's been doing good since Wednesday. Tomorrow morning we're moving her to Deconess hospital to start her rehab/therapy & she'll be there for 1-2 weeks, depending on how well she does & her progress. They want to get her to a point where she will be ok to go home & be able to move around on her own w/out allot of help. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well & she makes good progress & her recovery goes fairly easy for her. It's hard to see her in the hospital like she is right now.
In another hour it's officially my sweetheart's birthday. I've made a few calls & arranged for some friends to meet up at Henry Hudson's for drinks to celebrate tomorrow evening. I won't say what presents I've purchased in case he reads my blog before I give them to him tomorrow. I had to make a few changes to his birthday presents this week because of some un-expected things that occurred towards the beginning of the week, but that's ok... it can wait for another time in the future. I'm just excited to celebrate my honey's birthday tomorrow & I hope he has a great day!
Hopefully I will remember to take my camera & take pictures at Hudson's tomorrow night. I'm always bad about forgetting my camera or if I do bring it then I forget to take pictures. I'm goofy I know it.
Let's all sing together...
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear honey
Happy birthday to you
(just pretend I have a great voice & can sing) LOL
I Love you sweetheart & Happy Happy birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment