Sunday, January 31, 2010

a long day

Ok... the past two days are almost a blurr.  I posted last night around 8:30pm & then we went to Fred's parents house around 10ish to check on "Big Montana" because she should be calving anytime now & we were just sure it was going to happen last night.  We decided to camp out all night & check on her periodically throughout the night to watch her progress.  Fred & I finally shut our eyes around 3:30am for a few shut eyes but then back up at 6am to check on her.  No progress.

Around 9am Fred took me back home so I could get my truck & head over to my parents house to start working on boxing stuff up & moving it out to the storage building.  I knew this was going to be allot of work & would probably wear us out in no time but it was hard to even know where to start or end sometimes.

I know my mom has a reason for keeping the stuff that she does, but we just can't seem to figure that reason out & honestly we probably never will either.  With her coming home from the hospital this week, she needs to be able to move around the house with no obsticles in her way so she can avoid falling or tripping over stuff.  That was our reason for doing everything we did today.  By the time 6pm rolled around we were all absolutely exhausted & not to mention the fact Fred & I were working on only 3 hours of sleep & our energy was running very thin fast.

Fred & I went & ate dinner with dad tonight.  He appreciated the company.  He's been eating every meal by himself since mom's been in the hospital & I know he was excited to eat a good meal & have our company.

I went the past 4 days & haven't gotten stuck once.  Then coming home tonight at 8:30pm... pulling in the driveway... I decided I should turn around & face towards the gate since the snow will be re-freezing tonight & will probably be slicker then snot in the morning... the snow decided my truck shouldn't make the full turn around in the driveway!  So right this minute my truck is sitting sideways across the driveway... STUCK in the flippin snow.  Go figure.  This is how my luck runs just about all the time, I swear.  Grrr.

Big Montana went all day & didn't have the baby.
But now... at 10pm at night... she's in labor & hopefully in the next hour we'll be able to welcome a new baby calf!

So now I'm asking myself... why am I still awake & blogging at 10:30pm when my eyes are burning for sleep?  I have no smart answer for this question, except good night.

No comments: