Saturday, November 21, 2009

skunky

By noon time rolled around yesterday, I was ready to crawl in a hole somewhere, but instead of giving into that thought, I somehow managed to make it through the rest of the afternoon & I'm happy to say I somehow survived!

I worked late, then had to run by the post office to drop off the mail. I barely made it to the bank before 6pm when they close, then I headed home. Of course when I left work it was already dark outside, which always sucks. I got home, let Abigail outside, put her dinner down, changed clothes, then headed to Tan & Tone. After tanning I decided to go ahead & stop by Wal-Mart to get a few things. I got home around 8:30pm jumped in the shower & got around. Fred didn't get home til 10pm, then he jumped in the shower & we headed to "Friends" to meet our buddies & have a few drinks. After we left there we stopped at IHOP to grab something to eat before heading home.

Arriving home... we had quite the surprise awaiting us. Not a good surprise either... a very bad surprise! Definitely a surprise we could've done completely without. As we opened the front door our breath was taken away by the one & only un-distinctable smell of a SKUNK! Keep in mind we live in an apartment ontop of the barn. So somehow a skunky wiggled its way into the barn & decided to grace us with it's breath taking perfume de skunk. I'm not even sure breath taking is even the right word to describe it. Despite the strong smell, we somehow managed to go to bed, sleep through the night & we were still alive this morning. Let's just say that the smell was still very strong this morning & it wasn't until I let Abigail outside & walked back in the house that I realized just how strong the smell really was. It would almost knock ya down, YUCK, YUCK & DOUBLE YUCK! We left the house & headed to Fred's parents house & on the ride in the truck I realized my purse even smelled like skunk, even better huh! My next thought was, oh shit I probably smell like a skunk too... great just what I wanna smell like.

We opened both overhead barn doors, windows, sprayed fabreeze, thrown a bunch of moth balls all around & turned one of those large fans downstairs in hopes this would free the skunky smell & keep skunky out or from coming back in again. I searched the internet & found that mixing baking soda & water & spraying this mixture all around will also help eliminate the smell... so I've done that too. I have to say just in the past few hours the smell has gotten better, but it's still there. Faint... but the smell is still there. Hopefully by tomorrow morning it will be vanished for good. I've got all my fingers & toes crossed.

I'm hoping tonight I don't have any more skunk nightmeres either, geez. Yes... it's true, last night I had a nightmere about a skunk & let's just say it didn't end up like I would want it to happen in for-real life either. In for-real life there would be a firearm involved, but in my nightmere somehow I ended up adopting the skunk, getting it de-skunked & taking care of it... can we say YIKES. That was a true nightmere & scared the hell out of me! Why in the world would I have adopted a skunk? Geez, I must have missed the part in my nightmere where I was drugged to have even thought about doing something like that. Who knows.

Dreams/Nightmeres are so crazy sometimes. Well... maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but oh well.

Yet another crazy story in my life.

No comments: