Well today is officially Happy Turkey Day! Has this year just flown by or is it just me?If I think back to this time last year... let's see. I had just heard the news the Monday before Thanksgiving that my company was closing it's doors & I would have to start looking for another job. This was not the type of news anyone wants to hear right before the holidays for sure. At that moment I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through but somehow I've managed.
Thanksgiving is the time of year to think about all the things in your life that you are thankful for... even though there are things we all wish that were different, everyone still has a list of things that they're thankful for.
I'm very thankful for having the love & support of my wonderful family. I wish that everyone had a relationship with their family like I do with mine. I've been truly blessed that's for sure.
I'm thankful for being able to spend precious moments everyday with my grandma in her last years. Those are memories that I will have in my heart forever & nobody can take away or ever replace.
I'm thankful that I have a wonderful boyfriend (hopefully future husband) Fred. Words can't express how deep my love for him really is & how I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him & having his babies.
I'm thankful for all of my awesome friends. I have the greatest friends in the world. They're always supportive & there when ever I've needed them.
Really, I could go on & on with all the things I'm thankful for in my life, but those are just a few.
Today started way to early... got out of bed around 8am & started cooking. I made hashbrown casserole & 2 pans of apple dumplings. Needless to say time ran a little short & we didn't leave the house until 11:30am. We ran by Fred's parents house to drop off hashbrown casserole & 1 pan of apple dumplings, then headed towards Mustang to my brother's house. We got there at 12:30pm... better late then never right? Well, that's always my theory at least. Plus, I think everyone's pretty much used to me never being on time anyways. If I plan to be on time somewhere, it never fails something will happen that will cause me to be late & usually really late... so I finally just gave up & quit worrying about pushing myself.
After hanging out at my brother's house for a few hours, we left & headed back to Fred's parents house. We stayed there until about 6ish then headed home for the night. Sitting on the couch after eating two meals within a 3 hour period of time, my eyes started closing, so Fred decided it was time to take me home before I passed out on his parent's couch.
I can't help it, first mistake was that we stayed out way to late last night when we should've been a little smarter & went to bed at like 10pm. Then eating all that wonderful food today... twice... yeah that pretty much did me in. Lots of holiday food usually equals a nap shortly there after for me.
All in all... I'm thankful for everything & everyone in my life. I'm especially thankful for sharing Thanksgiving with both of our wonderful families. Today was just an all around great day!
Happy Turkey Day
No comments:
Post a Comment