Miss Kayla decided to finally make her appearance on Thursday, December 9th at 4:11am. She weighed 6lbs 14oz 20 inches long. So today it's officially been one week. Hard to believe it's already been a week, everything's gone so fast since then.
I have to brag though, I think she's the most beautiful baby girl in the entire world & I was head over heels in love with her before she even got here. Now that she's here, those feelings have only gotten stronger.
Her daddy & I are definitely proud parents without a doubt.
Being induced & labor was not exactly what I had pictured in my mind. It was an extremely long 20 hours. I was really crossing my fingers & praying that I wouldn't have to end up having a c-section, but that's exactly what the end result was. Miss Kayla just wasn't wanting to come out naturally no matter how hard I tried. By the time 3:30am Thursday morning arrived... I was absolutely exhausted & worn completely out. The nurses & doctor made the decision that it was time for a c-section, which of course I agreed to at that point. The number one most important thing was that Kayla arrived here safely & obviously if she wasn't willing to come out naturally I didn't want her to indure any further stress.
Kayla came out with her eyes wide open & ready to take on the world. Totally amazing. The c-section was a little emotional for me & I'm just so thankful that Fred was there with me thru every step & was so great to stand beside me thru all the pain & uncomfortable-ness I went thru in that 20 hours. I honestly couldn't ask for a more supportive husband during that time, he was just wonderful.
The end result was the arrival of our precious baby Kayla & wow how emotional that was. To know that she was finally here & within a few minutes I would be holding her in my arms. Just simply amazing. After they stitched me up & it was time to roll me back to my room for recovery, they laid her next to me in my arms to hold on my way back to the room.
I ended up staying until Saturday & then luckily we were released from the hospital to go home! It just so happens they were doing construction on the roof directly above my room & I basically didn't get any sleep the entire time I was at the hospital. So by the time Saturday rolled around I was more then ready to make a b-line for the door. I knew I would be able to get a lot more rest in the comforts of my home.
The recovery of the c-section is a little more trying that I ever imagined it would be. Pain pills have definitely been a blessing to help take the edge off so that I could function the first few days & slowly but surely I'm starting to heel & not have to take the pain pills as often anymore. I'm not a fan of taking pain mediction anyways, so the faster I can deal without it the better in my opinion.
Life at home with baby Kayla has been great so far. Lots of sleepless nights/days of course, but all in all, she's just a doll. I guess when you cross a point in your life that your not real sure you'll ever have children of your own... & then you actually bring something so precious home... your just so thankful to have her... the sleepless nights/days are all more than worth it. We're still making adjustments & trying to obtain some sort of schedule or routine in our day to day lives. Fred has had to be gone to work a lot & it's just been Kayla & I hanging out during the days, but lil' peanut & I have become quite a team.
Since baby Kayla is resting I decided while I had the chance I would blog & brag. I really should be napping though, considering the lack of sleep is catching up with me. I have lots that I should be doing, but nothing I feel up to at the moment.
Don't worry I will be blogging again soon with more updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment