What a wonderful Christmas this has been for us. So many wonderful things to be thankful for.
Christmas Eve...
We went to my brother's house for lunch at 1pm. My parents brought along Uncle Earl & that was great to have him join us this year. Otherwise he would've been sitting at home alone & well who wants to do that on the holiday. This is my great-niece Katie's first Christmas, our first Christmas being married & our baby Kayla's first Christmas also. So many great things to celebrate this year!
It's hard to believe the year is almost over already. This year has gone by fast, very fast! We've had ups & we've had downs this year, that's for sure. I'd like to think there have been more goods then bads though. I guess that's just life though.
All in all we have a lot to be thankful for. Two things especially... our wonderful marriage & the birth of our first baby.
Christmas Day...
We spent the day at Fred's parents house with all of the family. It's been a great Christmas this year. I have to brag & say we both have wonderful families. It's just nice to spend time with everyone for the holidays & be able to celebrate a new little life, baby Kayla.
This is officially our first Christmas as a married couple & to me that's very special. To be able to spend the holidays with the love of my life, that's just priceless. We have our moments of course that we want to ring each other's neck, but really there's no other person I can imagine spending the rest of my life next to.
Kayla had a great time getting to meet everyone & spend time in everyone's loving arms. I could tell she was worn completely out by the time we retired back to home, but I know she had a good time.
I'm starting back to work this week... working from home part time that is. I'm very lucky to have that option & I can't say how thankful I am for the loss of my last job to allow me this opportunity to arise. It's amazing how things somehow just work themselves out... & like the saying goes... "everything happens for a reason". So true... so true it is.
To all...
Merry Christmas with love from our family to yours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment