Wednesday, July 28, 2010

officially official

Well it's officially official, we are Mr. & Mrs. Cowcatcher!  Woohoo!

I thought our wedding went really nice last night & we were happy with how everything turned out.

I didn't even so much as trip while we were walking down the aisle either.  That's always a bonus.  The best part was that my dad actually walked slowly with me... unlike his brisk walk during rehearsal the night before.

I think the only complaint I had was the hot beaming lights that were supposed to be adjusted before our wedding, which apparently didn't happen.  They felt like heat lamps from a tanning bed but with no fan to cool ya off.  Luckily we both made it through without completely melting in a pool of sweat.

Now we're looking forward to this Saturday for our reception.  My bff Kat is making our cakes & I can't wait to see them.  Her cakes are always awesome.  She should really consider doing it for a living, she'd make a serious stack of cash I'm positive.  I have to brag though... I have the most talented bff ever.  I swear there's nothing she can't do.  She's done so much for my wedding it's crazy.  If only I had half her talent, wow.  I'm just so thankful & blessed to have her as my bff & everything she's done for me & continues to do.  She's just an awesome bff!

Yesterday was such a long day!  I rolled out of bed way before I wanted to & then had a nail appointment at 10am.  After my nail appointment I went to my parents house to pick up a few things to take w/me to the church just in case they didn't get there the same time I did.  After that I ran into town to Parkway to look at a white dress shirt for Fred to wear with his suit.  He met me there to check it out & didn't like the shirt so he left & went to eat lunch w/his family & I headed north west bound to madly search other stores for the perfect shirt.  1pm & 3 stores later I found one & purchased it after calling to make sure he was ok w/what I had found.  Left the store immediately, ran back to Parkway to have them press it so we could pick it up at 4pm.  By this point the afternoon was closing in on me & I was starving!  I ran thru the drive-thru at Braum's & headed home to eat & relax.  After I finished eating, my Mary Kay lady called to say she had my make-up ready for me, so I jumped in my truck & drove over there to pick that up, then headed back home again.  At this point it was 3:30pm & I was exhausted.  I made the decision to lay down for a brief nap & ended up sleeping until almost 5pm.  Oops.  Supposed to be at the church at 6pm.  Fred got home right after I jumped out of the shower & somehow we made it to the church right at 6pm.

So that was the crazy day yesterday.  Needless to say we were both extremely exhausted by the time the evening was over.  After our wedding, we all went to eat at Mackie McNear's.  Fred & I went by my parents house afterwards to drop my dress off & for him to change clothes & leave his suit there as well.  By the time we got home for the night it was late & we were both totally wiped out.

I'm certain as soon as both our heads hit the pillows we were out like a light.

The alarm went off way to early this morning, then I started kicking myself for not taking a half day off work today so that I could let my body re-coop from yesterday.  Apparently I wasn't thinking about how drained I would be.

The sweetest thing happened this morning though.  When Fred walked me out to my truck as I was leaving for work, he had put his ring on!  Awe... just totally warmed my heart.  I wasn't expecting him to have it on that early this morning, but he did.  I melted a little.  Ok... I melted a lot.  Then I wanted to go back inside the house & curl up in bed with him... but unfortunately I had to go to work.

Tonight I plan on getting to bed fairly early to catch up on some much needed rest.  Baby Kayla is draining me of all my energy these days.  Today has been the biggest challenge so far.  I think I've dozed off over 100 times trying to be productive at work.  Hopefully this evening we'll have a nice quiet evening together... our first evening alone as Mr. & Mrs.  Awe.

I can't wait to post pics of my hott husband in his suit though, wow he was smokin hott!

No comments: