Sunday, July 11, 2010

no more dress shopping

Come on & say it with me... Hallelujah!  I don't have to go dress shopping anymore.  After trying on about 50 billion dresses, last Wednesday night I officially purchased the dress I will be wearing to walk down the aisle.  Thanks to my bff Kat driving all the way from Stillwater to assist me in this process.  Otherwise I probably would've backed out & not gone to try on dresses that night.

I was completely worn out when we were done & towards the end I was starting to get grumpy/bitchy & to top it off I was hungry too.  Not a good combo.

I had to order the dress, it should hopefully (everyone please cross your fingers) be in next week.  It needs a few alterations done but other than that... it's great.  Yes, I still feel like a hippo in it... BUT... a smaller hippo then I felt like in some of the other dresses I tried on before.  Hopefully Fred likes it once he sees it.  The dress is simple, but cute.  Not a lot of fabric to trip over or mess with, which is the best part for me.  We all know I'm not exactly what you would call the most graceful person.

Now I will have to go shoe shopping... urgh.  I dread that almost as much as dress shopping, but hopefully it won't be that bad.

One major accomplishment this week was I finally was able to get all my invitations sent out for our wedding reception... that's a huge relief.  Although we still have to finish registering, so I'm hoping we can get that finished up this afternoon sometime & that will be one more thing to cross off the list!

I still have a long list of things to still take care of between now & wedding day, but hopefully everything will all come together fairly well.

No comments: