Wednesday, July 14, 2010

heat warning

The weather forecast for this week...

I copied this off our local weather channel forecast:

An Excessive Heat Warning has been posted throughout West and Central OK through at least tomorrow evening.  The combination of high temps + high humidity = feels like temps between 105 - 115 each day for the rest of this week and probably through this upcoming weekend. A weak cool front will try to push south into northern and central Oklahoma on Thursday with a slight chance for t'storms but not much if any cooling this far south.

The heat goes on next week. Eventually the atmosphere will dry out so the heat index will drop...but then the actual air temps will rise. It's a trade off. So in a nut shell, it just stays hot with little chance for rain and or relief.  Please remember your summer heat safety tips because this heat can be dangerous if not taken seriously. Don't leave kids or pets in parked cars for any period of time!

Holy popsicles... seriously!  I think Mother Nature is trying to make everyone in Oklahoma melt or something, geez.  This is really ridiculous if you ask me.

I think now would be the perfect time to own a snowcone machine.  What do you think?  Oh come on... who remembers the Snoppy Snow Cone Maker?  Talk about totally awesome back then.  Oh how I begged & begged for one of these back n the day, but nope... never got one.  Dad would always say "you don't need that".  Well of course I didn't need it... I mean what child really needed anything, right?  I wanted it real bad though!  I think I'm scarred for life... because still to this day, I want one... just maybe a bigger more adult version though.  Those little mini snowcones wouldn't work for me now days.

Even though little miss Kayla isn't here yet... I think she would want a Snoppy Snow Cone Maker... maybe I better start my search for one.  I wouldn't want her to still be scarred from not having one 33 years later.  I'm going to add that to my list of things my child shouldn't live without.

I'm totally normal, I promise.

No comments: