Wednesday, July 21, 2010

happy bday

Sing it with me now...
It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to

Heck I almost forgot it was my birthday yesterday with everything else that's going on at the moment.  Wedding & reception planning wow... so much to get done in such a short amount of time.  Thankfully I have a lot of people around me who have an idea of what they're doing.

I'm just not very good at coming up with ideas for stuff like this & it's proving to be a challenge to figure stuff out & try to maintain my sanity during the process.

Well anyways... so yesterday was my birthday.  Yep... the big 33!  These years keep going by faster & faster the older I get I swear.

Since there was some people from our corporate office in Houston visiting yesterday, we all went out to lunch together.  The funny thing was while we were sitting there talking waiting for our food one of the guys said it was his birthday too... so then we said this had to be our birthday lunch so someone else had to buy... and it worked, that's what counts.  It was on the company (smile).

After work I rushed home, let Abigail out for some fresh air & to take care of her business, then change clothes & go to my parents house to meet Kat & her mom for my dress fitting for some needed alterations.  Didn't take long then we ran to Hobby Lobby to check out some fake flowers & I bought a pen to go with the guest book we had already purchased a few weeks ago.

It was almost 8pm before I pulled into the driveway.

Fred had made a trip to Hereford, TX & had driven straight back home afterwards, so I know he was exhausted from a day full of nothing but driving.  Driving doesn't bother me, but I'm not sure I could make a long trip like that all by myself with nobody to talk to.

I was kinda hoping for a warm welcome when I walked in the door, like any birthday girl would want I suppose.  Not exactly what I received though.  Instead I got Mr. Grumpy.

I really do hate these prego hormones I tell ya!  Coming home to Mr. Grumpy last night sent me into an emotional tornado which would probably be rated as an F25 if there is such a thing.  All I wanted to do is cry huge tears, but somehow I managed to refrain from showing anything & just patiently waited... hoping that maybe I would get a little bit of softness... love... a hug... something... anything... but... wait... nope none of that happened.

If you have to ask for attention or affection it doesn't really mean as much, know what I mean?

Around 10pm last night we made a run to Sonic to grab something to eat for dinner.  I know baby Kayla was more than pissed at me by that point, but I had hope... a little hope... ok maybe a lot of hope that we would've gone somewhere besides Sonic to eat.  Knowing my honey was so tired, he could've simply said... how about I surprise you with a nice dinner tomorrow night & just grab something quick tonight.

Again... if you have to ask for something simple it just doesn't mean as much.

On the brighter side of my birthday... I had like one million people leave happy bday messages on my facebook page which made me happy, including my sweetheart that sent me a message at 11pm last night.  Several family members called, which was nice too.

All in all I guess I had a decent birthday yesterday.

So happy birthday to me, I'm officially 33!
Heck, that rhymes, ha ha.

No comments: