Well I'm officially at the 21 week mark with baby Kayla & here's her latest ultra sound pic. When we went to the ultra sound on the 6th that's when we found out we were having a baby girl.
I've been set on the name Kayla Elizabeth for as long as I can remember. My bff Kat & I always said we would name our children after each other. Sure enough... the first baby she had was a girl & shares my middle name! Of course I think that's totally awesome. Elizabeth is Kat's middle name & it just so happens we're having a baby girl first. I always wished that our kids would grow up together & become bff's too, just like Kat & I, but life didn't work out that way & that's ok.
There was a point in my life that I wasn't sure I would ever have children. After a certain age you start to wonder if you'll ever find that person you want to spend the rest of your life with & have a family with. Even though it's taken almost 33 years... I have to say I've never been happier! In less than one week I will be walking down the aisle towards the love of my life to say our vows in front of our immediate family with our bff's standing beside us. I'm so excited & not even the least bit nervous. I think I'm more nervous about what everyone will think of me in my dress then anything else. I just hope that Fred loves me in the dress & it brings tears of happiness when he sees me in it. That's the reaction I'm hoping & praying for.
As far as baby Kayla... she's definitely in there, dancing around to hopefully country music, but somedays it feels like she's seriously breaking it down in there. I'm sure Fred can't wait until the day he'll be able to feel her too. For now, it's just me who feels her doing flips or dancing. Sometimes it tickles, but I've been warned that eventually it will be kinda painful. I'm hoping Kayla decides to go easy on me.
I feel pretty good for the most part. I have these stupid swelling issues that I can't seem to get rid of & I haven't been able to feel 4 fingers on my right hand for a little over 2 weeks now, which is apparently due to swelling also.
If I had to pick two of my biggest issues it's my extreme back pain & sleeping! It's so hard to make it through the entire day without wanting to lay down somewhere & take a nap. I have a bad back anyways & being prego seems to be pushing me to my limits somedays on the pain scale. I manage to hide it for the most part but using my HoMedics Lumbar Massaging Cushion has helped a lot thankfully & I try to use it in the evening time when we're relaxing, watching tv.
As far as sleeping goes... I just flat out need to get to bed earlier. For example today I'm dragging bigtime because we didn't get home & get to bed until 11:30pm & now I'm dearly paying for it.
Oh how I long to crawl into bed & pass out. Hopefully bedtime will come early tonight.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment