I have some excellant & exciting news! For once in over a year I've got something to look forward to in my career.
My job shut it's doors over a year ago & I was forced to find another job & had to settle for whatever I could at the time. Don't get me wrong, I work with some really wonderful people, but the fact is that you have to look out for #1 & that's yourself.
In hard times you do what you gotta do, to get by & make ends meet. But this past year has been extremely hard for me. I've fell behind on bills & have had to cut back on every little thing I could just to live. It's been rough & I've been miserable.
The wonderful news is that... I finally found a good paying job again. I can't even begin to count how many times I've submitted my resume in the past year & haven't had any luck what-so-ever. In some cases, not even a phone call, but this time it was different. Someone reached out to me, without me submitting my resume & waiting to find out if I'd hear a response or not. It was honestly shocking & almost un-believable that it was happening even after I hung up the phone from the conversation.
I guess once you've been in a "rut" for so long financially & no matter what, it always seems like one bad thing after another keeps happening to you... it's hard to believe when something good comes along again.
"Good things come to those who wait"
I questioned that a few times the past year & even though after having this wonderful news... Monday my laptop crashed at home & I just wanted to crawl back under a rock & cry. And I did... I crawled into bed & cried for a few minutes, then Fred put his arms around me & comforted me. Sundenly I started to feel better at that point.
The first thought that crossed my mind when my laptop decided to take it's last breathe, was dollar signs flying at rapid speeds & nailing me in my face.
Then I started to come up with a "plan" to get things back on track again.
I did some deep thinking, made some phone calls & yesterday put my plan into action.
Today... I placed the other for my new laptop.
Even though this is the last thing I wanted to do, was order a new laptop & spend money that I don't have, but the fact is that I have to have one in working condition. It will all work out... I'm trying to keep the faith. New job + more $$ = better paychecks & catching up on bills & debt that has accumulated over the past year.
I'm so incredibly excited about my new job I can hardly stand it.
To top it off - the weather is nice outside today! It's about damn time.
Let's sing... shall we...
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
And I know I know I know I know I know I want you
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment