Wednesday, March 17, 2010

new job new wardrobe

I've been lucky for over 10 years now with every job I've had.  I've been able to wear jeans or more casual clothes to work.  Now... with  my new job, I'm required to wear business casual clothes & we can wear jeans on Fridays.  This means I have some shopping to do & I hate shopping, especially for clothes.

With me starting my job on Monday, I should probably get motivated to get out & shop, but so far I just haven't had the motivation to do so.

Does anyone know how to lose 20lbs in less than a week, without surgery or starving yourself to death?
Just kidding

This week has been absolutely crazy busy.  Trying to train Courtney & put a process procedures book together at the same time, wow my mind is about shot to say the least.

I've been trying to get to bed at a decent hour this week to prepare myself to start getting up & around earlier for my new job.  But... it hasn't quite worked out that way just yet.  Midnight is about my norm & well I have a hard time waking up.  Back n the day I used to be a morning person, but the older I get... well the harder it is for me to get up in the mornings, period.

Tomorrow everyone is bringing food for lunch for a "pot luck".  Friday is my last day at work, but several people won't be there Thurs/Fri so they wanted to do something Wednesday that way everyone can join in.  Everyone talked me into bringing Apple Dumplings, which is no problem.  It's the easiest desert to make & wow talk about addicting!  It's hard not to eat them until tomorrow at lunch.  The smell while they're cooking in the oven is ridiculous & makes your mouth start watering.  It should be illegal I swear it.

Officially 3 more days & counting until I move forward onto a new job & start over.  Wow.  It's still hard to believe it's all happening even though... it is really happening.

No comments: