Monday, March 29, 2010

1st week down

Well I officially completed my first week at my new job last Friday.  So far so good.  Last Tuesday I got my computer, got all my passwords & all that good stuff.  Wednesday thru Friday I spent working with Dawn learning the ropes of the systems, but it didn't take me long to catch on.  I spent some time on my computer playing around in the programs myself.  I'm one of those people that once I do it myself I've usually got it.

My new office furniture arrived Friday, but it still has to be assembled & that will have to be scheduled.  Hopefully soon, so I can get settled in & get my office arranged like I want, so I can start digging in & getting to work.  I'm ready, I'm more than ready!

I was nervous at first.  Leaving one job for another is always a little shaky & I was a little nervous about starting over again, but after completing my first day I felt 100% better & was confident this is where I belong & I made the right decision.

Everyone is so nice there & has been amazing to work with so far.  I felt like I fit in from the moment I walked thru the door.  That's a great feeling to have starting a new job.

Last Thursday I met my bff Kat to eat dinner, which was nice.  We're trying to meet for dinner at least once a month, to spend some time together.  I rarely ever get out of the house & hang out with friends, so I enjoy it when I do.  After I got home from eating dinner w/Kat, Fred & I went over to Joe & Tina's to hang out for awhile.  Got home at midnight & passed out for the night.

I was supposed to have received my new laptop by now... but I haven't so I'm little pissed to say the least.  I called Dell on Friday to find out what the deal is & apparently my first order was cancelled for some crazy reason & they had assigned a new order number & forgot to send me an email about it.  Long story short, my laptop is on hold waiting for parts to come in & the estimated delivery date is on or before April 7th.  Urgh really!  Talk about aggrivated, pissed off, etc.  Yep that's what I'm feeling right now to put it lightly.  Especially when the sales dude that I had been talking to all along, now won't return my phone calls or emails!  Oh I hate that.  I'll just be happy when I'm holding my new laptop in my hands.  My patience is wearing thin.

Fred left for western Oklahoma on Friday.  I took my mom to the grocery store Saturday & spent most of the afternoon w/her.  Cleaned house & did laundry on Sunday, all the fun household chores.  That's about the extent of my exciting & entertaining weekend home alone with Abigail.

That first week flew by fast.  Now here I am on my second week at my new job!

Tomorrow I have a dr appointment to go over my results from the liver test I took at the weight clinic a few weeks ago.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about it, but I'm trying to keep my hopes up that everything's just fine & there was some crazy glitch in the blood testing at the weight clinic that day.  Hey it's possible... anything can happen right?  Everyone makes mistakes, nobody's perfect... so I'm just hoping it was an error & it's all good.  I probably won't sleep very good tonight.  I usually never have trouble sleeping, but when something's on my mind, I have trouble falling & staying asleep for very long.

My sweetheart is still in western Oklahoma. I'm hoping that he'll be home tomorrow.  The thought of the possibility of  having not-so-good-results at the dr office then coming home to just Abigail kinda scares me a little.

Plus I do miss him a little... blush.

No comments: