Saturday, March 6, 2010

jessica

DVR is great... especially when there are so many shows I can't watch when they actually come on.

I love watching Oprah.  Personally I think she has some really good shows with good topics.

Last night, I watched an Oprah show I had on DVR & she was talking to Jessica Simpson.

The question came up about her "famous" fat picture that was on the cover of every magazine last year.  I remember when that came out & thinking what the hell is wrong with people?  I mean seriously.  Every magazine critizied her for what she was wearing & then had the nerve to say she's fat & gained a bunch of weight.  Come on.  It appears they didn't have anything else to write about at the time & so they took it upon themselves to make a bunch of money publishing garbage like that.  So what if she gained a few lbs.  What's the big deal?  Everyone who wrote articles about her weight gain or "fat" picture... how much do they weigh... what's their story... have they ever gained weight before...?  It's obvious their pictures aren't posted all over every magazine & critized for what they're wearing or if they gain a few extra lbs.  Instead they hide behind the words they write & make money off trying to humiliate or hurt someone.

As if women aren't already hard enough on themselves... am I right?

I know I'm hard on myself about lots of things & weight is high on that list.

Obviously I don't know Jessica Simpson personally or anything, but I feel bad for her having to deal with all the critizing things people wrote about her.  I think she's a good actor, I like the movies she's made & I also think she's a normal person just like the rest of us.

To top it off in her interview with Oprah... Jessica said that those jeans were a size 6.
That's just crazy anyone would even think about saying she was fat & she's wearing a size 6.  I mean come on.  Just flippin' crazy.

No comments: