Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow day

My idea of having a snow day was almost perfect today.

Work was officially shut down & nobody went in...check.
We have plenty of groceries in the house...check.
I didn't have to get out & drive anywhere...check.
It's approaching 7pm & I'm still sporting my pj's...check.
Hubby & me snuggled up on the couch watching movies & snacking all day...nope.

However my wonderful husband did make me a wonderful breakfast this morning which I'm very grateful for.  Somehow I'm confused though... if I cook, then I clean up the kitchen, but if he cooks then I still have to clean up the kitchen. Am I missing something?

Kayla has been all warm, fuzzy & snuggly all day long.  There's a lot to be thankful for on this dreadfully freezing snow day.  I do wish that my husband was here snuggled up with me on the couch instead of somewhere else.  Unfortunately he's been gone all day & won't be back until... I'm not quite sure yet.  His strong point is definitely not calling to check in very often, if ever.  I'm usually the one who ends up calling him to find out what time he'll be coming home or what's going on.

From the looks of the weather outside, it's not looking very promising for travel tomorrow.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about this just yet either.  Being stuck inside for another day, ugh.  On the other hand, at least we're staying warm.  Just kinda sucks being cooped up in the house after spending the past 2 months pretty much cooped up with being prego & then having Miss Kayla.

Hopefully hubby will return home soon & we'll spend the evening together as a family.

Now... I should probably go clean the kitchen so I can figure out what to make for dinner this evening.

No comments: