Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2 months old

Can you believe it?  Kayla is officially 2 months old today.  What happened to the past two months?  On one hand it seems like it hasn't been 2 months already & on the other hand it almost seems like it's been longer then 2 months.  I can't explain it, but that's just how it feels.  Weird... I know.

I will admit that I do have a little regret cutting my time short with Kayla, by going back to work & not taking the full 6 weeks off work to spend with her.  Maybe I would have been more successful at breast feeding if I didn't have the pressure of having to rush back to work, I don't know.  The fact is, whats done is done & I'm back to work full time & have been for awhile now.  The only peace I have is that while I'm at work during the day she's being watched by our family, so I know for a fact she's in good care with people that love her & have her best interest at heart.  I'm not sure I would have that same peace of mind if I was dropping her off at some random daycare everyday.

Every day Kayla is growing & changing & it's just amazing to witness.

Today it just so happens that we're snowed in again.  What a coincidence though really... officially 2 months old & I'm able to spend the day with her.  How great is that?  Yesterday I was dreading the thought of being cooped up for another day, but this morning I realized that I was perfectly ok with it.  Even if I don't get to un-pack any boxes or attempt to get more organized... I've decided to savor this day with my Kayla.

During our Wal-Mart trip Sunday, we bought Kayla a Valentine outfit.  Oh it's cute too.  It doesn't say anything about Valentine's Day on it, so it can be worn other than just for the holiday.  Fred picked it out, which surprised me because he made a big stink about how stupid it was to buy her an outfit especially for the holiday.  Somehow he warmed up about it while we were at the store I guess.  I'm not real sure what changed his mind & in return I never asked, I was just happy he did.  Don't worry, I will be posting pics of her in her V-Day outfit at a later date.

Before I was ever pregnant, people use to ask me all the time if I wanted kids or ever planned on having any.  During my pregnancy, the question merged to whether I would consider having another one.  Now that Kayla is here... people are asking when or if we plan to have another one & if so... when.  Then yesterday, a lady I worked with informed me that I shouldn't space my children out further than 2 years or they would have nothing to do with each other.

Thanks for the advice but... me of all people completely understand more than anyone about age gaps between siblings.  Of course I don't want there to be 20 years difference between my children like there is between my brother & I.  Seriously if that were the case... that would put me being pregnant in my 50's & well that's just not cool if you ask my opinion.  Definitely not going to happen either.  Yes, of course we would like to have another child, but as of right now our main goal is to raise Kayla & later on when we're ready we will plan for another one.

I've come to realize that there's nothing better that brightens my day then to see Kayla smile.  She has the cutest little smile I've ever seen & even if I've had a long tiring stressful day... it all disappears when I hold her & see that precious smile.

Well it's time to put my little love bug night-night & head that direction myself.

This has been this happiest 2 months of my life!

No comments: