Kayla weighed in at 11lbs 14oz & 22 inches Thursday... is that even possible already? How is she already that big?
Officially 79 days / 11 weeks old today.
Every day she's changing & doing something different. In my opinion, motherhood is absolutely fantastic & amazing to put it lightly. I'm loving every minute of it.
I look at her newborn pictures & I don't even recognize that baby anymore... she looks so different now.
She's still sleeping in her bassinet next to my side of the bed, but it won't be long before she'll have to merge to the crib in her bedroom. I'll admit I'm pretty sad about the thought of not having her sleeping right next to me all night long. I haven't wrapped my brain around that just yet. I've caught myself thinking... we have enough room to move the crib into our bedroom, but... I know that's silly. She will be right across the hallway & we have monitors. I guess you could say I have a little bit of separation anxiety just thinking about it, but I know I will adjust once we have to cross that bridge.
I can't wait until the weather is nice enough that I can take her for walks in the stroller, along with me getting some much needed exercise as well. The good thing is that the neighborhood we live in is nice & quiet with very little traffic.
I know everyone's thinking that my blogs have now converted to strictly a baby blog, and well you're more than likely right about this. I can't hold back or resist the urge to brag or tell stories about little Kayla. It's just impossible for me these days. It's like an addiction. A good addiction in my opinion.
My parents love taking care of her while I'm at work every day. My dad has become insanely over protective over her, so once & awhile I have to remind him that I am her mother. I know he can't help it. He was like that with both me & my brother & well... to this day he's still that way to a certain degree. All in a good way though & now that I have my own child, I understand.
This weekend my goal is to work on un-packing & organizing the den/office area. What a mess I've got going on down there, whew. Right now, there is a path to walk & that's about all I can say about that. I need some shelving though & well right now I can't afford to purchase that, so for the time being I will just go through everything & make due the best I can.
I guess instead of sitting here blogging I should be making progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment