Well here we are... we've almost made it thru this crazy weather that's been thrown our way this week. I think it snowed about a million inches on Monday/Tuesday, which ended up locking us all in our homes for two days.
Tuesday was a very non productive day for me. I tried to catch up on some much needed rest & relaxation but then yesterday, I told myself that I really needed to kick it into action & take advantage of the fact I was at home & get some stuff accomplished. I re-organized Kayla's bedroom & got things in better order. I put away all the new born clothes that she's outgrown & hung up all the 0-3 month outfits that she can now fit into. I know it won't be long before she'll have to start sleeping in her bedroom in her crib... I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that just yet either. The thought of not being able to wake up at random points in the middle of the night & just glance over to see my sleeping love bug in her bassinet... ugh maybe I should think about replacing the bassinet with her crib next to our bed so I don't have to even think about that. Nah just kidding. I know that's a habit I shouldn't even think about starting, bad, bad. It's like I'm already having separation anxiety & she hasn't even started sleeping in her own bedroom yet. Kinda scary huh.
I started thinking today... Kayla doesn't have a Valentine's Day outfit. I will have to take care of that this weekend for sure. Her first Valentine's Day is approaching & she has to have a special outfit for it, I mean come on. What kind of mother would I be if I didn't dress my love bug up for her first V-Day, geez.
In exactly 6 more days, she'll officially be 2 months old. Is that really possible? Has it already been 2 months? What happened... did I somehow sleep thru a few days somewhere & not realize it? In some ways it feels like it's been longer then 2 months but in other ways I can't figure out where the time has gone. I know that sounds confusing, but that's just exactly how it feels to me.
I can't say how happy I am that tomorrow is Friday. Even though because of the snow days, I've only physically been at work 2 days so far, it's just been a long week.
Once again... Kayla & I await her daddy's arrival home this evening & yes it's after 10pm. I have to admit that this has gotten past the point of old & I only wish for him to at least set aside certain days every week to make a point to be at home at a decent hour to spend quality time with his family & especially with Kayla. I'm starting to feel like a single mom & I don't like that feeling.
The sad part is that I can't make anyone change their priorities, they have to want to change them on their own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment