Saturday, February 26, 2011

bad Limewire

So here's the deal... for like... a long while now I've been downloading "free" music.  I know I'm not the only one out there that's done this.  It's been a really long time since I've downloading anything because well frankly I just haven't had the time.

Today I decided that I needed some new songs for my ipod & I open my Limewire program that I've had on my computer for like ever now & a message comes up that says...

**ATTENTION**

LimeWire is under a court order dated October 26, 2010 to stop distributing the LimeWire software. A copy of the injunction can be found here. LimeWire LLC, its directors and officers, are taking all steps to comply with the injunction. We have very recently become aware of unauthorized applications on the internet purporting to use the LimeWire name. We demand that all persons using the LimeWire software, name, or trademark in order to upload or download copyrighted works in any manner cease and desist from doing so. We further remind you that the unauthorized uploading and downloading of copyrighted works is illegal.

Grrr!

So I guess you could say I've just been lucky all these years, being able to download all the music I have... I don't know.  Kinda irritates me a little because I've been able to find songs on there that they don't make the records, tapes or cd's for anymore & I've been unable to find the songs anywhere else.  Now... what am I going to do if I'm looking for a long thats a million years old... geez.  Oh well, I guess I will be purchasing itunes from now on if I want a song.

I'm currently taking donations... if anyone wants to buy me an itunes gift card, please feel free.

No comments: