Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Heart Melting Smiles

When my Kayla smiles... she melts my heart every time.  Literally melts my heart like butter in a skillet.

It's amazing how that happens isn't it?  The thought of carrying a child in your body for 9 months & knowing that you will now be responsible for this little tiny human for the rest of your life... and then once they get here... you can't imagine your life without them.  I wouldn't want it any other way & some days I have no idea what I did before I had her.  She's my entire life & heart.

The other night I had a dream that I was pregnant again... yeah... UGH!  Even though I love my little love bug with my entire heart, I'm not even close to being ready for another one yet.  It will be awhile.  Like a few years.  I'm strongly considering doubling up on bc pills until then just to reassure this security.  No... I haven't lost my mind... at least not completely yet.  I will admit some days are questionable though.

Kayla's nurse comes tomorrow, so we'll see what she weighs again.  Last week I took her to the dr for her first set of shots.  Wow, what an experience that was.  I joked around leading up to that day about how I would cry for Kayla so she wouldn't have to... well... lets just say the first shot the nurse stuck her with, I've never heard her cry like that before & I completely lost it.  My heart broke in a million pieces seeing my precious baby cry like she was in serious pain & even started coughing & choking, we had to sit her up for a few minutes for her to catch her breathe.  Ugh... it was bad.  I felt sooo bad afterwards.  We scheduled her next appointment & I'm not looking forward to that at all.  I wasn't expecting to fall apart like I did the first time, but well... I did.  She weighed 12lbs 14oz last Thursday, so we'll see how much she gained in one week tomorrow.

I thought since it had been a few weeks since I blogged I would do a quick one tonight.  Now I must finish picking up the house so it's presentable for the nurse's arrival tomorrow.

No comments: