Friday, October 28, 2011

Rocking Chair

I've been looking for over a month now for a nice little rocking chair for Love Bug.  I just haven't been able to find one that I wanted to buy in the stores.  So I ended up ordering one online earlier this week.  While I was ordering that, I went ahead & ordered something else along with it (Playskool Step Start Walk 'N Ride - Pink).  The way it worked, was that if you purchased over a certain amount, shipping was free... go figure I was ONE dollar under that, so I looked & found something else I wanted for Kayla & ended up coming out better/cheaper doing that in the end then I would have if I would have just ordered the rocking chair by itself.

So today right after I got home from work, I was so excited to see the UPS truck pulling on to my street.  I felt like a little kid watching out the window... except he apparently thought my address was across the street & I watched him get out of his truck & walk the package up to their door & drop it off... Ugh!  Of course I immediately walked outside but he was quick & had already jumped in his truck & was driving off by the time I made it far enough outside.  It worked out just fine though... the neighbor looked at the package as I was walking across the street & met me half way with it in hand & said "this is yours".

I was hoping to receive the rocking chair, but the Playskool Step Start Walk 'N Ride came first instead.  That's ok though.  When I un-boxed it, I learned that it required some assembly.  Does anything come fully assembled these days, geez.  After I fed Kayla her dinner, we merged to the living room to start putting together her new toy.  This took a little longer than what I was expecting it to.  Apparently Kayla was bored or extremely tired, because before I knew it she was passed smooth out on the floor.  It was cute.  She looked so peaceful & despite my attempts to awake her, she wasn't having it.  So after I finished assembling everything... I scooped her up, put her nite-nite clothes on, cuddled with her on the couch to give her a bottle, then put her to bed.

Even though I'm not sure that I'm emotionally ready for Love Bug to start walking yet... I know it won't be long before she's running thru the house & I'm tripping over myself chasing her.  I figure this new toy will help her learn to walk better.  Now I'm ready for morning to get here so I can see if she likes it!

Check out this kick-ass rocking chair that I'm so patiently awaiting now.  Totally cute, huh!  I hope it's just as cute as the picture online.  My parent's have the same little rocking chair they had when my brother & I were little & well... since my brother is 54 years old now... you can imagine it's been around for quite some time.  Anyways, little miss Kayla is able to crawl in to the rocking chair all by herself & she loves to just sit there & rock for long periods of time.  That's when I knew, I for sure had to get one for our house so she can enjoy one here as well.  I just didn't want to buy one that was pink, or had a certain character on it, I wanted something a little more plain or that fit us better, so that's when I found this one online & fell in love with it.

Just wait... when Kayla starts playing with dolls, barbies & all that fun stuff... I will get to become a child again, woohoo!  I just love spending time with her, we have so much fun now & I know as she grows it will only get better.  I think my husband thinks I'm a little looney from time to time, because I talk, sing or what ever constantly with Kayla, but she thinks I'm entertaining... so that's all that matters to me.  Ha Ha

I wanna be a fun mom for Kayla & any future children we have.  My goal is to be well rounded for my kids.  I want them to have fun with me, but yet know their boundaries as they grow & want to come to me with anything that's on their mind.

Being a mommy is so exciting, I love every minute of it.  It's just amazing how drastically your life changes when you have a child.  Life is absolutely great!

No comments: