Yesterday Kayla started getting a little snotty... then last night, she woke up off & on throughout the entire night. When I dropped her off at my parents house this morning I could tell my poor baby just wasn't feeling well at all.
Around 10am my mom called to tell me that little Kayla was unable to sleep because she was having a hard time breathing & thought I should try to get her into the dr today. So I called & luckily they were able to work her in this afternoon.
When I picked her up, she was just out of it. I loaded her in the truck & off to the dr office we went.
After waiting in the waiting room for almost an hour, they finally called us back. The diagnosis was she has a cold.
We got some saline solution & a new large snot sucker as the remedy.
Perfect... the one area of her body she doesn't like anyone to mess with & now I have to squirt saline up in each side & vacuum the snot out. Awesome. And, I need to do this 3-4 times a day for the next few days to help her get cleared up.
I dreaded even thinking about attempting it, but hey, it has to be done right?
Poor Kayla. I can't stand to see her cry & it kills me being the one whose causing her to cry in the first place. God help me. I managed to hold my emotions in the first attempt even though she was crying so hard she was turning red & it simply broke my heart.
Second attempt, well I almost lost it. I managed to get through it, but I almost started crying to.
I know, everyone is probably saying... oh what a weenie. Well you are probably right... maybe I am a weenie mom, but that's just how it is I guess. I never thought in a million years I would be a weenie mom, but hey... I guess you never know until you're actually there huh. So I'll admit it, I'm pretty soft when it comes to my sweet baby.
We hooked the humidifier up in her bedroom tonight, so I'm hoping that will help her breathe better.
So far, she hasn't slept an entire hour without waking up tonight. Poor baby. It's going to be another long night I'm affraid.
Hubby is sick, now baby is sick... = mommy has her hands full. Everyone please pray for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment