Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Tooth

Well I can officially feel my little love bug's first tooth coming in finally!  Poor little thing hasn't slept a full night in almost two weeks now.  She wakes up off & on through the night & I know she must be uncomfortable.

The not sleeping is wearing on me, but so far I'm still able to function during the day without completely passing out from exhaustion.

I keep waiting for the morning when my hubby tells me to stay in bed, rest or sleep in while he gets up & tends to love bug.  Needless to say, I'm still waiting for that to happen.

Kayla & I have so much fun together, she's just a total blast right now.  Tonight she made me laugh so hard & since I was laughing... she started laughing harder & we were both laying in the floor just laughing together.  So cute.  I wish I had a video camera to record these precious moments to look back on in the future.  It would be awesome to be able to show her when she's all grown up just how damn cute she was & how much fun we had.

As soon as her first tooth is viewable, I will definitely be taking some pics to post for everyone to see.

This morning I was actually ready to leave the house earlier than usual... had everything packed & in the truck ready to roll, but as soon as I walked back in the house to scoop up Kayla to head out the door... well she had a nice surprise for me.  Potty!  She had a total blow-out literally.  Of course, she was wearing an outfit that she hadn't worn yet & even though it was second-hand, it was new to her & she looked so adorable in it.  I had plans on snapping a few pics before walking out the door, but that thought changed as soon as I realized we had a small disaster on our hands to take care of.  Poor thing.  I basically gave her a bath with wipes.

I filled the bathroom sink with warm water, soaked her outfit down with stain remover spray then thew it in the sink to soak for the day.  Quickly grabbed another outfit from the closet, dressed her, then out the door we went.  All in all, instead of being 15-20 minutes early for work this morning like I had planned... I ended up being 15 minutes late.  Go figure right?  Oh well, it happens I guess.  Seems like it's always something though.  Mornings just never go my way for some reason, but I've came to the conclusion that there isn't a whole lot I can do about it so why keep stressing over it.

I had to run by the store on my way home from work today to get a few things that we needed, so by the time I did that, un-loaded everything at the house, then picked Kayla up from my parents house... it was almost 7pm.  Not much time to spend with her since she goes to bed between 8-8:30pm.  Tomorrow I don't have errands to run, so I will be able to spend more time with her after work.

Friday I take her to get her first flu shot.  Yikes.  I'm a little nervous.  I'm not affraid of needles in the least bit, but when it comes to my love bug getting shots... ok I'm a little weenie about it I will admit.

She's quickly approaching the 11 month mark & I'm sooo not ready yet.  What happened to the past 11 months?  Why does it have to go so fast?  Before I know it, she will be asking to borrow the truck or something... UGH somebody please slap me!

I know I've said this 100 times, but oh well here it is again... I love being a mommy!  I absolutely love every minute of it.  Even the moments that are messy & might not smell so pretty... I don't mind at all.  I can't even imagine what my life was like before Kayla.

Well I guess that's a wrap for this evening.

Good night & sweet dreams to my love bug, mommy loves you & I have a feeling I will be seeing your beautiful face shortly... so I better catch a few zzz's while I have the opportunity too.

No comments: