Saturday, March 26, 2011

First night in the crib

Well after many hesitations... I decided tonight would be the first night Kayla would sleep in her crib all night long & see how she does.  She was a little restless earlier this afternoon/evening but after fighting back sleep she finally gave in & I put her in her crib to sleep.

I have a feeling she'll do just fine & probably sleep a little better with a little more room to stretch out, but I can't help but be a little sad.  She's already growing to fast & we've only just begun.  We're quickly approaching the 4 month mark now & I'm already questioning where the time has gone.

On the bright side... today has been a productive day.  I cleaned & picked up the house, did a few loads of laundry & me & Kayla played, relaxed & watched a little TV together.  Then my friend Pam stopped by this evening & spent a few hours with us.  She hadn't seen Kayla since she's been born, so I was happy they finally got to meet.

Tomorrow my plan is to work on the den/office/Abigail's domain.  It looks like a tornado came through there in the worst way possible.  Every time I walk down there it's a little overwhelming to think about where to even begin, but tomorrow I'm going to attempt to conquer it once & for all.

Another wonderful thing happened today!  My friend Krissy & her husband finally got to welcome their new sweet baby boy Tate into the world.  A complete blessing from God.  This has been a long awaited arrival & every one's so ecstatic about it!  He is so lucky to have two wonderful big sisters to look after him too, I know the girls are so extremely happy right now.  I can't wait to give little Tate a big ole' kiss!  He's blessed to have two wonderful parents.  God knew exactly what he was doing there's no question about that.

Krissy... sorry I just had to steal this picture from you, so I could share & blog about it!  I didn't think you would mind.  (smile)  I love ya'll.

I long to have stuff hanging on my walls... right now it's so plain, bare & kinda boring.  Believe it or not, I own tons of pretty, nice things to hang all over the walls, but it's just a matter of unpacking them & then getting them hung up.  I need a handy man fairy or something.  Wait... that probably doesn't or shouldn't go in the same sentence... handy man & fairy.  Anyways... I need to just say "hang this or that" & it magically get done with out me having to beg, plead or keep reminding over & over again until I finally give up.  Giving up is kinda where I'm at right now.  I have curtains to be hung in the living room... they're just lacking the hanging of the horseshoes in order for the curtains to be hung.  Ugh.  At least the horseshoes have made it to the living room... but that's as far as they've made it at this point.

Well I'm off to stare check on my beautiful sleeping angel then I'm going to attempt to retire myself because I have a feeling I will be up & down all night starring checking on my love bug.

No comments: