Now introducing Spike! He is our newly adopted four legged child. He comes with the house we are in the process of buying.
What a deal huh? Buy a house... get a guard dog too. Awesome! He's more like an over sized teddy bear, but hey for anyone driving by he has a deep bark & his size is intimidating, so it works.
We are in the process of buying my bff Kat's grandparents house, which happens to be right down the street from my parents. Hence the reason why Kat & I are bff's... because we grew up down the street from each other.
Anyways... the house is in great condition. A total perfect situation in so many ways. Mr. & Mrs. O had to move to Houston to be closer to their daughter & to receive some much needed daily attention. They've been able to live by themselves all this time, but it was time for them to move. Of course they were hesitant about moving, but who could blame them for that, I know when that time comes in my life I'll be the same way too. They really hated to leave Spike behind, but they just couldn't take him with them where they were moving to. Before they moved, I promised Mrs. O that I would take good care of Spike & he would have a home. The good thing is, Spike doesn't have to go anywhere. We're buying the house, so Spike is staying at the home he's always known & doesn't have to be up-rooted & go anywhere else.
I have to admit though, it's kind of a bitter sweet for me. It seems like everything is falling in to place like it's suppose to, but the sad part for me is that Mr. & Mrs. O don't live there anymore. They've always lived there. That house has always been like a 2nd home to me growing up. Being pregnant, I'm way more emotional about things & saying my goodbye's the day before they left was hard to do. We are family & the thought of not knowing when I would see these dear sweet people again, was just emotional & still is at times. I try not to think about it in that way very often & I catch myself & try to re-direct my thoughts to something else.
My sweetheart & I getting married, baby Kayla will be arriving in just 3 short months & us not having real house plans up until the point that Mr. & Mrs. O decided to make the move to Houston... I just have to believe that it all happened for a reason.
On a different note, my bff Kat, her husband & kids have been making trips up here to help make some needed changes & updates to the house. My brother & sister-n-law have came up to help as well. Fred & I are very thankful for everyone whose willing to help & we can't wait to move in & finally have room to raise our family. We are going to fill like we're living in a mansion compared to our 487 sq ft apartment that we've been occupying for the past almost 2 years now. I wish I could help more with painting, cleaning & different things with the house, but in my current condition some things are just challenging these days. Bending over makes me want to puke & to much of anything completely wears me out. I feel like the biggest wimp right now, it's a very helpless feeling for me.
Today we moved the last of the furniture & things that needed to be donated & removed from the house. Tomorrow we will finish painting the bedrooms & inside kitchen cabinets. Our next project after that will be bathroom & kitchen flooring. After that I think we will be ready to roll with moving in. It's exciting to think that in less than a month we will be moving in & getting settled. Then we can start getting baby Kayla's bedroom decorated & ready for her to arrive & we're both excited about that too. Having things in place will make me a little more at ease with day to day life. Right now I'm just stressed most of the time thinking of the time frame we're looking at before Kayla gets here.
It will also be nice to have room to have guests over for dinner or just to have guests over in general.
So all in all, everything's going up hill right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.
Well I guess it's about time to crawl in bed & catch a few z's before the long day tomorrow. Kayla forces me to sleep more than I typically would. In fact, somedays I could easily stay in bed all day long I think. Not really but it does feel that way.
So for now, good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment