Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Forgiveness

In my random online reading awhile back, I read about forgiveness & the myths about it.  I thought it was really enlightning so I thought I would share.

3 Myths About Forgiveness

1.  Forgiveness means you condone the behavior of the person.
2.  Forgiveness means you have to maintain a relationship with the person.
3.  Forgiveness means that you forget about the incident.

All of these are absolutely untrue!

Forgiveness is releasing your own pain and anger over the past.  It's a choice to live in the present.  It's choosing to let go of whom was right or wrong.  Forgiveness gives you the freedom to live your life and not allowing someone else to control it.  If you are holding on to the anger and hurt you are allowing the person to continously hurt you over and over again.

Be grateful... for all the valuable lessons you have learned from the situation.

Remember to forgive yourself.  Don’t beat yourself up mentally for things you might have said or did or for things you wish you would have said or did.  Clear out your mind and learn to love and accept yourself just as you are.  Meditation is great way to get in tune with your inner self.  Forgiving yourself empowers you to create the changes you want in your life by accepting full responsibility for your thoughts and actions.

Forgiveness is not a “one time fix”.  Often times you will need to forgive the person all over again each time you think of the situation.  In time the anger and bitterness will be a thing of the past and you can look at the situation with a peaceful heart and truly wish those that hurt you well.

When you fail to forgive, you are actually turning your back on your back on a better future. You do not want to create a future for yourself that is full of anger, hatred and resentment. FORGIVE – Keep your head up and your heart open as you walk forward in your life, creating a future that will lead to love, health and happiness!

Seriously... this makes total sense right?  Seems so simple but yet so deep.  I've never thought of forgiveness, in this way before.

Guess the more we read, the more we learn, huh!
Dang I feel really smart right now.  Ha Ha

No comments: