Monday, November 14, 2011

Date Night

A long time coming now... Fred & I finally had a date night Saturday night.  My mother-n-law came over to our house to watch Kayla.  She got here about 7:30pm & then we headed out.  Our original plan was to catch a movie & eat somewhere.  Unfortunately the next show times were around 10pm or so.  With that, we decided to head to Bed Bath & Beyond to do a little shopping with the gift cards we still had left from our wedding... yeah from over a year ago.  Sad, I know.
I'm extremely happy to announce that I became the proud new owner of a KichenAid Artisan Mixer!  Oh, isn't it just beautiful... I love it!  So I've been wanting one of these for like EVER now & the broke down hand held mixer I've had for 100 years kicked the bucket many years ago.

We looked the store over before we made our decision.  There are several things I would like to have from there, but this mixer is better than anything else in my opinion.

I'm not a professional cake baker by any means, but I do like to cook & bake though.

After we left Bed Bath & Beyond, we stopped at Walgreen's to pick up my medication, which I thought was going to be a quick stop, boy was I wrong.  They had the prescription wrong & I ended up having to wait for them to correct it... in the meantime a whole slew of people decided to come to the pharmacy, so the line went from being just me to like 8 more people.  Needless to say, we were in Walgreen's longer than what we had planned on.

Since we hadn't eaten at Applebees in awhile we decided to go there for dinner.  We walked in the door & low & behold they were having karaoke night... since when did Applebees start doing this?  Good grief it was loud in there.  I was close to turning around & walking back out the door to go somewhere else, but I figured what the heck we're already here, maybe it won't be that bad.  We sat down & ordered our drinks & food.  I was in the mood for chicken fried chicken, steamed veggies w/mash potato's & gravy - oh yum!  When our food came, my mash potato's were hiding under my chicken fried chicken & there was no gravy, ugh not cool.  I requested gravy for my mash potato's & the waitress informs me that it will cost extra for that.  Who doesn't like gravy with their mash potato's, geez.  Fred quickly told her he didn't care if there was a charge, just to bring it anyways.  The time span between the waitress leaving the table to put the order in for my extra gravy & the time it actually arrived... well lets just say Fred was completely done eating & I had finished my veggies & half of the chicken fried chicken.  What a crock.  I was not happy with this experience.  The wait staff & manager seemed to busy trying to karaoke instead of wait on their customers.  I think I will wait awhile before going back there to eat again.

After leaving Applebees we decided to run by Wal-Mart to grab a few things we needed before heading home.  Wow... the most interesting people show up at Wal-Mart late at night.  As I was looking at little girl clothes, two young guys approached me & started pointing & singing to me.  Yes, you heard that right... just randomly started singing to me.  Then they laughed & said "did we embarrass you", my response was, "no I think you're embarrassing yourself more than anything".  They quickly walked off, arms around each other, skipping & singing away.  Odd, huh.  Wait it gets better.  So then I walk off to find Fred & ask him if he heard the singing, he said he heard it but wasn't sure what the heck it was.  Ha Ha

While walking through the dairy isle to grab some yogurt, I passed a guy that had the tattoo "Jesus Freak" in HUGE letters down his arm.  Then a guy wearing skin tight purple jeans had on so much colonge that I think he was determined to kill me... well he seemed to end up on every isle we were.
This is just a touch of our date night evening Saturday night.  Crazy huh.  Even though it was definitely an interesting evening... we still had fun.  It's always nice to get out & do something once & awhile.

Now I just hope it happens again in the near future without me having to ask or beg for it.

No comments: