Seriously, can the earth quakes please cease. We are in Oklahoma for the love of God.
Around 10:55pm, I'm sitting at home on my computer trying to work & the ground beneath me starts shaking like no one's business. My first thought was... "what the heck is that". Then I immediately went to thinking... "surely it's not a....". Yep... it's an earthquake.
Here in Oklahoma we are prepared for tornado's. We spend lots of money installing cement holes in the ground to crawl in to when the time is upon us.
Earthquakes on the other hand... what the hell do you do when that hits ya? You can't crawl into your cement hole, cause well that would just be stupid.
The 4.7 magnitude earthquake that hit 6 miles north of Prague at 2:12am this morning... well I have to admit I didn't feel that one at all. Apparently we slept right through it, which is perfectly fine with me.
Here's the headlines on the internet now... 5.6 magnitude earthquake shakes Oklahoma.
The quake hit at 10:53pm. The quake was reportedly felt as far north as Grove, Oklahoma & as far south as north Texas.
So first we have a 4.7 which are followed by "aftershocks" throughout the day today & now here we are having a 5.6 tonight! That's a little scary if you ask me. Completely un-settling in every way possible.
October 13, 2010 - was the last earthquake I felt. I had just sat down in my office at work when it happened. It shook the entire building. I was pregnant at the time so for a split second I thought I was literally losing my mind or having a nervous breakdown. So I was relieved when everyone in the hallway started talking about how it was an earthquake. That earthquake was a 5.1 magnitude.
Why is this happening? It's scary.
I guess I need to start reading up on what to do when an earthquake happens, if we should have another one in the future. Ugh.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment