MY NEW TOY! A 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger
Yes... I bought a weed-eater today!
I've been checking them out online like crazy.
And yes I'm highly allergic to grass. And no I'm not crazy & trying to end up in the E.R.
My entire life I've been extremely allergic to grass & when I was real little I used to have to stay inside the house when dad mowed & wait til the next day before going outside... otherwise I would have a serious reaction. It sucked BAD!
The older I got, the better my allergies have gotten, although grass still bothers me, just not quite as bad. I most definitely can't roll around in the grass or even have direct contact with it for any period of time, otherwise one OR two things happen: 1. My skin breaks out 2. Major sinus infection (which usually puts me out of commission for several days)
Having said that... since I've never been able to mow... I've always wanted to. Make sense?
I've tried to mow a few times off & on over the years, which ended up in sinus infections every time. But I'm thinking if the grass is a little damp or the wind isn't blowing AND I wear a face mask... I think I can pull it off, so I'm ready to give it another shot! If I only had a lawn mower, I'd be out there right now mowing away.
Since I can't afford to run out & buy a lawn mower right now, one step towards that, is a weed-eater.
One issue I have where I live is that the grass/weeds are REALLY tall. Considering I can't walk thru tall grass because of my allergies... this is a problem. I hate having to beg or ask someone to please keep the grass mowed so I don't have to worry about it. It's very frustrating & hurtful that nobody seems concerned about my health, except for me.
So I've taken matters into my own hands & I bought one tonight & I'M SO EXCITED!
Now... if I could only get someone to buy me a lawn mower... I'd be in Heaven!
The best part about my new weed-eater is that it's battery operated, NO GAS, NO ELECTRIC CORDS! I tried it out tonight when I got it put together, but of course the battery's didn't come already charged so I only got to use it for like 2 minutes. That's ok, I've got one battery on the charger tonight & then in the morning I will put the other one on the charger when I go out & test out my weed-eating skills!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any problems tomorrow.
Don't worry, I will let everyone know how it goes afterwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment