skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Mother's Day
Well yesterday was officially my 2nd real Mother's Day as a mother. Life as a mother is absolutely the best, most amazing & wonderful experience in my entire life! Here is my Mother's Day weekend recap...
Friday, we had a little birthday party at work for the boss & everyone got to leave early, which was nice. My hubby informed me that I was to receive a delivery at work that day, but by the time I was ready to leave the office it hadn't arrived yet. I called to let him know I hadn't received anything, we hung up so he could call but he ended up not getting an answer. He then called me back, gave me the phone # and approximately where the place was located & said I should probably just stop by there on my way home & see if I could pick it up instead. This probably wouldn't have been a big deal, but... I called & called, got no answer, then after driving around trying to find the place I called hubby back to ask if he had a better idea of the location because apparently I'm blind. So I finally find the place "Edible Arrangements" & pull in. I walk in & after waiting for a period of time along with other not so happy customers, I'm informed that the driver is out to deliver my Edible Arrangement & that I can come back after 5 to pick it up if I wish. A little frustrated I leave the store & text hubby to let him know & I receive no response text.
Now let me back up just a tad. Hubby informed me the Saturday before that he would be leaving this Saturday for Montana... meaning he would miss Mother's Day. I was a little upset about this to say the least. Despite that, Friday morning I told him that since I would be getting off work early due to the party at work, I would call & maybe we could go eat somewhere, just the two of us. Thinking it would be nice to spend a little time together before he left for his road trip to Montana with his father. So when I called him from work to let him know that I hadn't received any deliveries, I also asked him what time he wanted to eat. He said he was cleaning the trailer out & would let me know. I assumed (which I shouldn't have done), that he would finish cleaning the trailer then call to meet up somewhere. In the meantime, after my experience at Edible Arrangements, I decide to head to Wal-Mart to get a few things & to kill some time while I wait for hubby to call. After 2 hours go by & I still haven't received any response since the text I sent after leaving Edible Arrangements... I decide to call him. He says he's just finished eating lunch with his mother... yes... his mother apparently went & got lunch for them. The time at this point is a little after 4pm. Lunch... Dinner... wife? Apparently I got confused somewhere in the past few hours. After chasing down my own Mother's Day present & still don't have it in hand, hanging out patiently at Wal-Mart for 2 hours ready to get the hell outta there... and in that time frame he eats lunch with his mother & doesn't bother to call his wife. Hmmm, apparently I'm really confused.
He said that he was thinking we would have an early dinner, as in... later in the day/after 5-6pm apparently? Basically it gets turned around on me & thats that. This is typically how the story goes.
Moving on... I leave Wal-Mart, stop by Office Depot for a few quick things I need for the rodeo, then head home. In the midst of me arriving home & taking care of dogs, he calls, then arrives home as well. Kayla stayed at my parents house while Fred & I ran to eat dinner together at TGI Fridays finally around 6pm, then I dropped him off at home & went to pick Love Bug up.
I had plans Saturday morning of sleeping in a little bit & let Fred hang out with Kayla... except that didn't happen. Fred's mother called to tell him that his brother-in-law was on his way to pick him up & head to Chickasha to pick up the truck that was in the shop. So off they went around 8am & as soon as they left miss Kayla woke up & our day began. Kayla & I met Fred & his family for lunch then I took Kayla home to put her down for a much needed afternoon nap. When Fred finally arrived home for the evening it was time for Kayla to go down to sleep. He did get to spend a few minutes with her before bedtime but that was it.
Their original plans of leaving first thing Saturday morning for Montana was obviously pushed aside due to the truck taking longer in the shop then planned. Instead, they decided to leave 6am Sunday aka Mother's Day morning to head out. Blah. After seeing Fred off, I crawled back in bed & decided to catch as much sleep as I could before Love Bug calls out for me to come get her out of her bed. She finally woke up & we began our morning snuggling on the couch & her drinking a cup of milk as usual. I have to admit, these are some of my most favorite moments as a mother.
Approaching 11am, I got Kayla dressed & ready to leave. My parents drove over & we left & headed to Mustang to my brothers house for lunch. We a great family afternoon! The kids enjoyed playing together, it was to cute. I got to hold & feed my newest great-niece Carly & spend time with my precious Kayla, parents, brother, sister-in-law, nieces, great-nephew Marty & other great-niece Gabrielle.
Despite the fact that my husband wasn't there to share & celebrate Mother's Day with me... I had an absolutely wonderful day with my family. God gave me the most precious little girl in the entire world & I treasure every moment I have with her. The best thing in the world is being a mom!
Happy Mother's Day to all my dear friends & family.
No comments:
Post a Comment