Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bumbo Chair to the rescue

I'm here to tell ya... this has been a life saver!  Seriously.  Kayla loves to sit up now... I mean absolutely loves it.  She would rather be sitting up then anything right now.  The vibrating bouncy seat works perfect when she's on the tired side & is ready for a little naptime, but other than that... she wants to be sitting upright.

Funny thing, my BFF Kat told me about this chair on Sunday morning/afternoon & when we were at Wal-Mart later that afternoon we bought one.  She immediately loved it & I knew from that moment this was going to be a life saver for me.  Don't get me wrong, there are days that I would love nothing more than to just sit & hold her all day long... but those are the days I don't get anything else done except sit... and hold her... and watch tv.  But I can't hold her all the time, I have things I need to get done around the house too.

I was so happy to show off Bumbo chair to my parents Monday morning when I dropped her off & when I walked in the door, what do I see?  A pink Bumbo chair sitting in their living room!  My sister-n-law had given my parents one the day before (yep, Sunday) when they were at their house eating lunch.  Go figure right?  Only thing is... the pink chair had a little tray that attached to the front which the one we bought did not have.  Needless to say I ordered a tray for ours on Walmart.com last night & it should be shipping in a few days.  It's the perfect height for her to sit in her chair & I put her little stuffed toys on the tray & she has a blast.

So I would like to share this information with everyone, because I totally believe that everyone with a little one needs one of these chairs!  They are kinda expensive... I think we paid $38.00 for ours, but it is totally worth it in my opinion.  They are soft cushy but solid plastic kinda.  Hard to explain, but seem very durable.  She'll probably be able to hang out in it for several months.

Just check her out in her Bumbo chair... she looks so laid back & relaxed... so cute.

She's also sporting one of her new outfits too.  It comes with a jacket but of course I had already taken that off her when we got home from grandma & grandpa's house earlier.  Don't worry though, I did however get several pictures of her with the whole outfit on.  I have so many pics it's hard to chose what to post.

I'm finding out that all her pants are just way to long.  Hopefully this is not an early sign of her taking after me in the height category.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  If she does end up being on the short side, I will just have to hem all her jeans/pants just like my mom had to do with me I guess, no big deal.  In my eyes, Kayla is absolutely perfect just the way she is.

She's growing so fast & I can't stand it.  She's officically sleeping in her crib in her own bedroom now, going on 2 nights.  The new monitors work perfect compared to the other POS we had before.  Spent a little more money on them, but it's worth it to have good monitors.  I'm doing ok with the withdrawals of having her sleeping right next to me in the bedroom.  I have to admit the first night I lost a little sleep, but I'm sure with each night this will get easier for me.  The bassinet still sits right next to my bed though... I will eventually merge it to the guest bedroom out of the way, but for now... I think it's ok where it is.

No comments: