Well here we are... Kayla has already passed the 4 month old mark & swifting approaching the 5 month mark now. Oh my gosh, time is moving at lightening speed these days, no doubt.
She got her 4 month shots & she did much better this last time compared to the first round. I held her this time & she did cry, but only briefly. Fred was able to go with me too, thankfully. Poor little thing though... I just feel so bad for her having to go thru all of that. This time it seemed that it took a little longer for the sore-ness in her legs to pass. Her temp was a little elevated, so a swift dose of tylenol & the temp subsided & she was all better.
Nurse Shirley came to visit yesterday & Kayla weighed a whoppin' 15lbs 1oz and was measured at 24 and almost 1/2 inches long. When we got her shots a few weeks ago she weighed 14lbs 3oz... so she's growing at warp speed I swear. Nurse Shirley said Kayla's doing great & we got an excellant review! A few minor child proofing issues to take care of in the house but well... we have a little while before she's going to be crawling just yet. I do know that those child proof locks for the cabinets doors are already absolutely driving me nutts. I can't tell you how many times I've smashed my damn fingers in the doors trying to get in or out of them. I'm not quite sure how long I can last without jumping over the edge & un-installing all of them, ugh. Those are a total nightmere. I can understand having them on certain cabinets but every single one... seems a little extreme to me.
I think when Kayla poops these days... its like 10 tons all at once. Let's just say it doesn't all fit in the diaper & if you lay her down to change her... well it all comes out the back, up her back & well even all the way up to her hair in some cases. The other night I had it everywhere & ended up just scooping her up in a towel taking her to the sink & giving her a bath. That's about all I could do at the time.
All in all though... I could never ask for a better baby. Not only is she the most precious thing in the entire world, but she's just a good baby all around. I hear horror stories of other moms at this stage & their kids aren't sleeping all night, they are very fussy, etc. but not Kayla. The only time she gets upset is if she's dirty, sleepy or hungry... otherwise she's happy go lucky all the time & full of smiles.
I've fully over come my seperation anxiety with her sleeping in her crib now. She's doing so well in there & the monitors work great & I can hear every peep she makes, so that's comforting for me. There are times which I wish she could still fit in the bassinet though, ha ha.
Mother's Day is coming up & I'm so excited about my first real Mother's Day! I'm a real mom now. After all these years & practically raising everyone else children... I can officially celebrate this holiday & I can hardly wait. I still love all the other children whom I will always claim as my own, but there's something different about giving birth to your own child & having that connection & bond. I look forward to what Mother's Day will bring this year!
Hopefully it won't be another 20 days before I post again this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment