These days I'm really slacking with the blogs... I know.
The sad thing is that I'll start one, not finish & then by the time I get back to it... days have passed & then I'll think of something else to write about instead. Ugh.
So let's start with this past week.
Last Sunday was my sweetheart's birthday. I asked him what he wanted for dinner & his request was KFC, so that's what he got & I stopped by Braums & picked up for ice cream for us also.
Monday, the nurse came & Kayla weighed in at 9lbs 9oz... wow! She's growing so fast already. She has already emerged from her New Born clothes, they are a little past snug at this point. Her hair has gotten lighter too. Unfortunately I was only able to take pics of her in just a few of her new born outfits before she out grew them. :(
I've officially been back to work full time for 2 weeks now. Let's just say it's been a long two weeks. At first it was hard not to think about Kayla during the day & I even made a few trips during my lunch hour to my parents house to visit her, but with each day it's gotten a little easier for me. I use to not mind working after 5pm if there were things that needed to be done, but nowdays I can't help but think every minute after 5pm that I'm still at work... well that's taking away from my evening time with my family & I don't like that.
I can't speak for everyone but I know for me, I can't wait to see my hubby & our baby & spend as much time in the evenings together as we can before it's time to pass out... then we get up the next morning & do it all over again. This is such a mundane routine from Monday thru Friday. We spend more time at work then we do with our families. That seems backwards to me, but I guess that's called life.
For the most part, I've felt on the up & up lately. But I also have days where I feel lonely & need a little extra attention. I want to be surprised with a date night. I want that phone call that says "honey I can't wait to get home, I'll be there in 15 minutes"... & he actually show up in 15 minutes instead of several hours later. I love being a mom... but first & foremost, I love being a wife. Somedays are just hard for me when he's not here or doesn't show up until 9 or 10 during the week nights. To me it just feels like he's not in a rush to get home to spend time with our family.
The bottom line is, I think we're past due for another date night, but why do I always have to be the one who has to ask for one? Why can't he come up with a plan & tell me that he's taking me out? I hate asking for attention. Seriously, no girl wants to have to ask for attention. It doesn't mean as much when we have to ask for stuff. Am I right? Ugh.
Well speaking of which, me & Kayla are just chillin at home by ourselves tonight... again. Hubby left yesterday to head out west & won't be returning until sometime in the morning. My bet is it will be more like afternoon/evening though... that just seems to always be my luck. Hence the reason why I feel like he's never in a rush to get home to us.
I did however start cleaning the inside of my truck before it got dark outside tonight. It's long past due for a cleaning inside & out. I'm hoping that I will get a chance to finish cleaning it tomorrow & maybe even give it a bath. This all depends on Miss Kayla & if she's in a good enough mood to allow me to step outside to do so or not. Or... if her daddy happens to be home to watch her while I finish.
The weather was absolutely awesome today. Almost 80 degrees, how un-believeable is that?
Then come Monday/Tuesday, according to the weather dudes it's supposed to snow. Welcome to Oklahoma I guess, geez. So with that said, a grocery store trip is on the agenda for tomorrow as well.
Well it's 11pm & Miss Kayla should be waking up soon from her beauty rest. Personally I don't think she could possibly get any more beautiful but hey... that's just my opinion. (wink)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment