Friday, January 17, 2014

It's 2014 and I'm Back!

I am way past over due for blogging these days... in fact I had to end up resetting my password because it had been so long that I couldn't remember my old one, lol.  A year is a long time - I'm really going to make an effort to do better though.  I actually love blogging and I just need to make time to do it more often!

Weight Loss News:
I will start off with the good news... I lost 33 lbs in 2013 - woohoo for me!
It hasn't been an easy road and I still have a ways to go yet, however I'm proud of myself for the 33 lbs that I've lost so far.  It's a good start at least!!

Kayla update:
I'm struggling with the fact another year has come and gone.  My sweet baby turned 3 years old last month and she's growing up way to fast not to mention she's more adorable each and every day that passes.  I still can't get enough of her and I value each and every moment we can spend together.  She started Goat Undecorating at the Jr. Rodeo this year and she absolutely loved every minute of it.  It was just so cute to watch her.  After so many years of putting my heart into it for everyone else's children... I finally get to see the excitement on my own child's face when she participates, it's just an amazing feeling to have.  Everyone has their opinion's about the fact that it's a lot of time, work and stress - basically like having a second job sometimes to do what I do as a volunteer... however my payout doesn't come in cash form... it comes from the warmth of the children and parents who are appreciative when they know the time that's involved and how I pour my heart into the work I do there.  Truth be told there are some that like to challenge my sanity from time to time, however I try to take a few steps back and remind myself again why I'm really there and that I cannot change the negativity that some choose to carry and attempt to pass forward onto others around them.  I think in every organization no matter if it's rodeo, basketball, baseball, etc. - there are always going to be those people out there... and you can't always make everyone happy no matter how hard you try.  I've always been proud of our organization and look forward to many more years to come!

Bathroom Remodel:
Let me offer a little sound advice... if you only have one bathroom in your home... please consider adding on a second bathroom before deciding to put the only one you have almost completely out of commission for 2-3 weeks.  This my friends is a challenge I do not wish to do over again, LOL.  We ended up completely gutting it down to the studs... and so down the street I went to my parents house to take showers every evening, plus give my little honey bear a bath as well.  I have to say the good thing was that the toilet in our house was reset everyday so we weren't completely out of commission and we could use that when we needed to... just no showers or running water for the sink.  In a nutshell, we basically used the kitchen to brush teeth, wash hands, etc. until everything was back in order again.  For those that know me... I don't do well with everything out of sorts, so my sanity was pushed to the edge for this project.  I have to say I'm beyond thrilled with the final product and every time I walk in my bathroom now, I still can't believe it's our house, LOL.

One of my goals for 2014 is to blog more.  I really do enjoy it and it also helps me release thoughts I have even though some might question my stability at times, LOL.

~Until we meet again~

No comments: