2013 is here and I have to say I wasn't fully prepared. I played the Power Ball yesterday in hopes that the dreams I keep having that I win would actually come true. Unfortunately I have no winnings to report as of yet. No worries though, I'm sure it will eventually happen, LOL.
Our Christmas was great and my in-laws bought me a cedar chest at an auction and it's absolutely gorgeous... I love it and couldn't be more excited that I finally have one after all my years of wanting one. Christmas day, my husband's family came over to eat lunch, open presents and hang out. They ended up staying the entire day til around 6pm or so and I was absolutely exhausted after everyone finally left. My biggest goal for the day was to get a much needed nap in before returning back to work the following day, but I didn't get my nap and I think I'm still trying to catch up on sleep from the holidays. All in all... our Christmas turned out great this year though.
Sunday, December 30th was the annual Christmas gathering in Sulphur for my mother-in-laws side of the family. Unfortunately we had a slight repeat of last years issues that morning and were off to a bad start for the day. Even when I specifically asked my hubby the night before if there had been any prior driving arrangements made for our trip, he answered "no". Funny though, that morning my mother-in-law called while we were eating breakfast to find out if I knew when my sister-in-law was picking us up? A little confused, I said "huh, I wasn't aware she was picking us up" and was then informed that everyone had made the decision all the girls would ride together and all the boys would ride together. Interesting... I basically told her I would discuss this with Fred and have him call his sister. You can only imagine my frustration and hurt with this blind siding me at the very last minute. It was obvious my husband had discussed driving arrangements and for what ever reason decided to lie to me the night before about them. When I mentioned it to him, he only met me with resistance, raised his voice and then proceeded to tell me that I never listen so that's why he never said anything. Again, I'm confused. Long story short... we ended up driving ourselves down there and not riding with anyone. For what ever reason I haven't stopped thinking about this since it's happened. It royally bothers me that he would lie straight to my face about something so stupid and simple. Then have his mom call me to drop the prior arranged plans in my lap the morning of. Nothing about this sets to well with me. I'm absolutely clueless what to even think of all of this.
Despite the crazy day it was, we had a very nice time that day and I can only hope and pray next year we won't have the same issues as we have the past two.
My New Years resolution this year is to lose weight! I'm determined this time around. The biggest key is getting my husband on board with it too. For him not to bring home crap food, like donuts, candy, cookies or what ever else he thinks he needs to munch on. That's one of my biggest downfalls is the crap he brings home... I can't sit there and watch him eat it and then refrain myself from eating it too. That's just not fair in my opinion.
Well I guess for now that's about it for me... off to bed I go and tomorrow's Friday, woohoo!
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment